We are TTC and I just joined a yoga class.

I haven't been in shape for a while plus I am less than half a year postpartum so my body is still sore from lack of stomach muscles. Should I not be doing these exercises while TTC? Will it decrease my chances of becoming pregnant again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I agree that it would likely help, if anything. Better health, learning to pay attention to your body, to relax, to be patient.

Answer by Bmat at 11:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Your Dr would know best how to answer this for you as your Dr knows your body and history best.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• i can't imagine that it would decrease your chances... but being healthy will help! :)
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I'm not sure what TTC is. But I do know that your doctor would be your best bet. And I have never heard of yoga NOT helping someone physically/mentally/emotionally.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 11:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Oooohhh. Trying To Conceive, duh. I would say it's unlikely it would decrease your chances. Often times unhealthy people don't even have their period so that's proof right there that the better you treat your body the more likely you will be blessed with getting pregnant.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 11:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• It should help if anything. It helps relieve stress and will help keep you healthy.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• there are even yoga moves/poses for infertility...
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 1:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2009