Trying to think of new things!

I'm sick of having the same things for dinner over and over. So I'm making a grocery list to go to the store with tomorrow. Things we have all the time are hamburgers, ribs, hamburger helper, pork chops, subs, and roasted chicken. Any new ideas? I'm trying to lose weight so we are all eating sort of healthier so any cheap healthy ideas would be great!

GabbyP.

Asked by GabbyP. at 11:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Beef Stew, Chicken Soup, home made of course, steak, Fish, shrimp. pasta, stir fry chineese food, Ravioli lasagna, baked Ziti Pulled bbq pork or beef or chicken. I could go on and on. LOL
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• We had beans and rice tonight. YUM. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Tuna casserole, spaghetti, chicken casseroles with noodles and cream of chicken soup. chef's salad - greens and other vegetables with cheese cubes, cut up cooked chicken or beef and some nice salad dressing if wanted.

Answer by Bmat at 11:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• taco salad, soups, veg beef and chix noodle are probably the best for low cal, honestly i lost weight by just cutting portions a little and cutting out my snack times..i didn't cut out any foods that i liked. you could try that instead? g/l
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I have this reciepe that I love....here it is....

Ingredients

1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
    3 apples, such as Granny Smith, McIntosh, or your favorite variety, peeled, cored and thickly sliced
    4 pork chops, about 1/2-inch thick, boneless or bone-in
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage, or 1 teaspoon dried
    Salt and pepper
    1/2 cup apple cider without preservative

Preparations

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease the bottom of a medium-size roasting pan or an ovenproof skillet with the oil. Arrange the apples on the bottom of the pan, layered as needed. Place the pork chops on top, sprinkle with the sage, salt, and pepper. Pour the cider on top. Bake for 20 minutes. Preheat the broiler and place under the broiler for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until the pork is cooked through and the apples are tender, basting the meat once or twice. (Makes 4 servings)

Variations
    Try this dish with pears instea
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I just made a wonderful chicken and smoked sausage stew tonight that was so yummy and somewhat healthy (I use turkey sausage and extra vegetables). If you want the recipe, PM me.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:50 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• We just tried a recipe for Tandoori Chicken it turned out amazing. It took forever to make it but was definitely worth it.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 8:33 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Pork tenderloin on the grill, Kielbasa with potatoes green peppers and onions. Spaghetti. Chicken Kiev (in meat dept or frozen foods). Homemade pizza, tacos or taco salad. Breakfast for dinner, grilled cheese and tomato soup. Hamburger gravy with potatoes or buttered noodles.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:34 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Great ides ladies! Looks like a couple people mentioned salads and that was mainly what I was going to suggest. When I'm trying to lose weight I usually plan at least 2 dinners during the week to be salads. One thing I do is take a salad that I had at a restaurant and try to recreate it at home. Sometimes I get pretty darn close, other times it's not the same but still pretty yummy.

One of my favorites is BBQ Chicken Salad (Greens, BBQ chicken, Cheese, Black beans, avacado, tomato and baked onion rings)- This is pretty close to RED ROBINS BBQ chicken salad.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Before you make your grocery list, you need to plan meals and snacks for the next 8 days (we buy groceries every 8 days).

If you would like some delicious, healthy & family/budget friendly recipes, feel free to contact me

Answer by rkoloms at 5:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2009