After a miscarriage...

i dont know if i am pregnant i just had a miscarriage 5-6 weeks ago and have not had a period yet what length of time is normal before i should expect a period? i took a test (actually a few) and they r all negative please help

lilmammaweisner

Asked by lilmammaweisner at 11:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I had a D&C and my period didn't start until around 6.5 weeks, it still may take some time I would say if there's no show by 8 weeks see your doctor.
    Soon2Be8489

Answer by Soon2Be8489 at 7:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i just had a miscarriage june 25, my dr told me that you could expect your period at anytime and that it was possible to get preg right away b/c you don't know when you will ovulate now that your "system" got mixed up. i would call your dr and request a blood test, maybe you are preg and it's now showing up on your test. with mine, it didn't show up positive till about 5 wks. g/l and best wishes
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I got pregnant in late oct. had a miscarriage in the end of Nov. and then I got pregnant (now that I add it all up) on the 18th of Dec. I'm very hard to hear that you had a miscarriage, I know how hard it is. But maybe wait another week and then try a test again.if you still think your pregnant and it comes out neg. then got to your doc. It could also be that ur body still think that you are pregnant.that had happened to my cousin,she was like that for 3wks after havin g1
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• i mc lost early last month and im wondering if i am too

Im so sorry for your loss
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• ITS BEEN ALREADY 5 WEEKS SINCE I HAD MY MC AND D&C DONE AND STILL NO PERIOD...HOPE IM NOT PREGNANT AGAIN CAUSE I WONT GO FOR FULL TERM CAUSE MY UTURUS HASNT HEALED YET FROM THE FIRST PREGNANCY...IT SEEMS LIKE I SHOULD OF STARTED MY PERIOD ALREADY..
    JENNIFER_007

Answer by JENNIFER_007 at 4:44 AM on Jul. 7, 2009