Seeking advice after miscarriage.

My husband and I just had a miscarriage June 25. We found out we were pregnant June 15, and the doctor thought I was about 2 months along. My doctor said we could go ahead and try again right away and thought everything would be fine. My question is, what do you think, do you wait and respect the fact that you just lost something that would soon have been your child, or move on and try again right away. We only knew for a week and a half so we were still in shock, but still. I'm just not sure. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm sorry for your loss, it really sucks even if you only knew for a short time. As for waiting it's really up to you, just because he said you can try right away doesn't mean you have to. If you want to wait a bit to mourn that's fine, if you're not sure, I'd wait a little bit until you are sure you're ready. I had a m/c at 6 w with my first pregnancy and got pregnant again right away, no cycle, just a BFP right away. I had another m/c at a little over 12w with my 4th pregnancy and it did take a bit longer to get pregnant, but we weren't even trying, I was waiting for my surgery date for my tubal, when "surprise, you're pregnant!". Whatever you decide will be right for you and our family, whether you take some time or try again right away. Good luck with whatever you do.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:16 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I would wait alittle but it might take some time to get preggo again... it took me 8 months after a miscarrage.... but either way i would recept the fact that a life was lost even though u only knew for a short time
    Anonymous

• First of all, I am very very sorry for your loss. However, I am very surprised that the doctor said it was ok to try again immediately. I had several miscarriages before conceiving, and was told with each one to wait at least six weeks before trying again due to all the stress it puts mentally and physically on your body. That being said, I started trying exactly at the six week date. I think it is ok to start trying again immediately if you feel you are ready. Follow your instincts: only you know when it is time again.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 11:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I was told to wait at least 3 months before TTC. Our son was conceived a little over 8 weeks later (thank you, spiked egg nog!)
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 11:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I got pregnant in the end of oct. had a miscarriage at the end of nov, and found out I was pregnant in January, but I had gotten pregnant on dec18.I think its up to yall.If yall wanna wait in respect to your last baby,then do so.but why wait a moron over one that you can just remake?
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• im sorry for your loss i also had a m/c on june 8 and my dr said it was fine to start trying i also wasnt to sure on it

where not stoping it but not really trying either
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i was 8 weeks when i lost my doctor and im up in the air about this one too. My doctor told me to wait 2 months. But me and my hubby want to try agine right way. So you do what you feel is right in your heart.
    vickyburns

Answer by vickyburns at 3:42 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I THINK U SHOULD DO WHAT U WANNA DO..BUT I JUST RECENTLY HAD A MISCARRIAGE ALMOST 5 WEEKS AGO AND ME AND MY DUDE STARTED HAVIN SEX THE SECOND WEEK AFTER MY MC AND D&C BUT WE ARE TRYIN YET EVEN THOUGH WE ARENT USIN PROTECTION..BUT I WANNA GET PREGNANT IN EITHER 3 MONTHS TO 6 MONTHS...
    JENNIFER_007

Answer by JENNIFER_007 at 4:39 AM on Jul. 7, 2009