Wow! You'd think someone had died!

My 2 neices were marched in here by brothers GF and forced to delete their MySpace accounts. She insisted I do it so that they wouldn't pull a fast one! lol. Well worst day for my comp tp be all slow and the silence was deafening. You see my neices were banned from the computer because of MySpace. But Aunt Gigi noticed that one had updated her mood and she did it via mobile phone. I told GF because they get too crazy on there and so they just walked out of my house as if their best friend died and I was the one who killed them. What is up with these tweens and myspace?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 11:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I dunno, but we won't allow our kids to be on them. Other sites yes, but not those two. Sorry you had to be the bad gal Gigi.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I used to be obsessed, I think it's kind of a phase.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• the internet is a dangerous place for tweens and even teens to be
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 11:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I have a myspace and its to talk to my little sis cause she lives 400 miles away.... and she says its her life because she can talk to who she wants...lol but what she dont know is there are blocks on her computer......lol... but i think they just like acting older on there
    Anonymous

• MS and FaceBook are addictions especially for teens. it's where they tell their secrets and themselves vent their worst pains. My two daughters are not allowed on them. My rules are I pay bills and I have to have access to their email accounts, mine aren't even allowed to i m or aim chat with any one. Been there done that one too and kids are so rude and nasty in chats. I don't comment to them on their notes there but I know who they're in contact with and not in any abusive way, that I'd address fast. Tell your nieces too bad, grow up.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, but you know what, they are 11 and 12 and have no business on there. They were posting pics up of themselves kissing each other on the lips. I know tons of tweens are on there and they say they are 16-21 but there is a reason why they have an age requirement.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I feel better ladies! I just told them, don't worry, you will know the day when something REALLY bad happens to you and then this will look like a walk in the park. I was surprised grouchy GF told them in her usual booming voice "And you better still visit your aunt gigi, don't be ignoring her because of this, I know you would only come here to get on her comp".
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Somebody did die...their alter egos. They could be naughty girls on there, well until they were caught anyway. Good for you! They will one day realize how much you love them and were keeping them safe.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with the sites, as long as parents monitor them. I trust my kids to make smart decisions and I'll always be watching to make sure they are making the best choices. There are ways to make profiles private and as long as I know who their friends are there should never be a problem. I do understand some parents don't feel comfortable and don't want their teenagers on there, and that's completely the parents choice, I don't see anything wrong with that.
    nico409ant

Answer by nico409ant at 11:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• "I don't see anything wrong with the sites, as long as parents monitor them"

KEYWORD, monitor, they were not monitored when they were at grandmas, here with aunt gigi, I monitored their butts off!

Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 7, 2009