Are we living in the 'last days'?

i have been reading my bible and in matthew there is some stuff about the last days.... about wars, earthquakes, violence, and all these things i see happening all around me. Does anyone else think the end is near?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Nope. Wars, earthquakes, & violence have been around since the beginning of time. Nothing's different, we just hear about more of it because of technology today.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• People in the 30's thought the end was near then again in the 40's and 50's then again in the 60's and so on and so on... I mean just since 1999 people were sure the end was here comming in 2000 and again in 2001 now its 2012. People need a reason for bad things to happen and "the end of the world" is a great reason.

Why cant people just live their lives and not worry about such things why torment yourself with the thoughts of the end coming and just live for today?
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 12:30 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• The end has always been near :-) I believe that God exists out of the constraints of time and space and that the "end" may not be a specific point in a timeline of history. Just as when you're asleep and wake up, you have no concept of all of the hours that have passed, I see judgement as being similar. I believe that when we die, we are immediately at the "end" events at judgement, with everyone else, with no concept of any time that has passed since we've been dead. Therefore, we are always living in the "end times" and will experience Jesus' second coming when we die. It's not something we need to worry about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• no...all the things they speak of. happen every genration..which is why EVERY generatin thinks they are the ones to die ........it is nothing new.....we always have this. you dont believe me..check your history....its always going on.

tge only thing kenw is that the israelites returned home..but that was in 1947, so of course back then everyonw ent OMG ARMAGEDDON IS COMING....yea...2009 here...no armageddon. many biblical scholars take those words as not to tell you of the upcoming doom. but to demonstarte that with wars, eqrthquakes etc etc. jesus was trying to say he will always be around and watching and present
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 4:36 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• if you watch too much tv or read the news...it will seem that way. i dont watch tv..i dont even have cable for that matter. i dont keep up with the news..and i dont need to hear anything to make my mind go nuts. if your tuned too much of whats going on in the world.. of course you can only suspect the worst. just like if your watching movies about robbers and killers etc... over and over, sooner or later your gonna think it will happen to you. and so on. its all how you think and if you think the worst...stay away from it so it wont bother you. but no the end of the world is not happening.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Only God knows.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:26 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Nope!  According to the bible we have been living in the end of times for 2000 years.  Earthquakes, volcanoes and war have been going on for a lot longer.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:52 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• As a Christian I believe we are nearing the Tribulation period. Which is when the anti-christ will appear and the earth will have seven years of misery.

Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:30 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• In all likelihood, yes, probably. As ibelongtojesus said, I believe we are nearing the Tribulation. However, our time is not the same as God's,and so we can only speculate. But, as perverse and pathetic as this world has become, I pray it won't be long before Jesus returns,and we don't have to suffer anymore.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:07 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Not yet. Every generation believes they are living in the end times. The world today is no more perverse than it was 20 or 50 or 100 or 1,000 years ago. People now are sinners just like the people in the past.

And the funny thing is, the bible specifically states that no one will know when He is coming back. So, you would think the more people believe it is coming now or in 4 or 20 years, the more unlikely it is that it is actually going to happen.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:25 AM on Jul. 7, 2009