My elbows need some TLC!!

All of a sudden, my elbows have become ruff and dry. I have tried everything to soften them up. Loofahs, sea salt scrub, lotion constantly.

What can I do for this to soften them and take that dirty like look away?

kscmbz

Asked by kscmbz at 12:12 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Since you are exfoliating already and using lotion..I would recommend a product like jojoba oil. It is the closest substance to the oil product naturally by our bodies. Then I would check what products you are using...alot of products have ingredients in them that work against their purpose. IE..alcohol will dry out your skin...parabens are irritating...etc. Summer time especially is hard on skin. I am a rep for a great company that could help, but I don't want to "advertise" here...just look for some REAL natural products...not "natural" products you can pick up at the local drug store..this will help not only your elbows, but knees and skin all over!! GOOD LUCK!!
    mom2-2crazyboys

Answer by mom2-2crazyboys at 12:20 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I had the same problem several years ago. Gold Bond Medicated Lotion! You will learn to swear by it! I have several bottles all over my house so that I have constant access to it.
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Coconut oil.
    Before buying any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org

Answer by rkoloms at 7:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i would use shea butter.... the pure stuff, not lotion with shea butter.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• avon has a product for elbows and foot it works really well its planet spa shea butter cream if you know anyone who sales avon try it i think they have a return policy if your not happy with the product i think but it worked on my elbows
    sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 11:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Check out my Instant Manicure #3787 and extreme repair hand therapy # 1314 or #2921 at my website... www.beautipage.com/dawnwelch
    spadivadawn

Answer by spadivadawn at 6:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• lush.com, their products are AMAZING. try some smitten, or helping hands, I think the charity pot is the best lotion I've EVER used but its 20 bucks. All the money except for the tax goes to the charity on the lid though, which is why its so much money.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 8:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2009