• In the Spotlight:

stripping membranes???

what does that mean? what do they do to do this? or is it something that happens naturally?

froggiedee

Asked by froggiedee at 12:25 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• THIS IS DONE WHEN THE PHYSICIAN LITTERALLY RUNS THEIR FINGER AROUND THE OPENING TO YOUR CERVIX.
    IT WILL LEAD TO LABOR.. SUPPOSEDLY..

BUT I WARN YOU.. FOR ME IT HURT ALOT..
    WalkingtheTalk

Answer by WalkingtheTalk at 1:11 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• It is done by your doctor, like the PP said. It definitely is not the best feeling in the world, I had it done as well. They only do this as an attempt to get you to go into labor. For me, this worked like a charm!! The doc literally rubs their finger on the cervix, and immediately after my doc did it I had a huge contraction and my body just kept going from there!! That was the beginning of my labor. It definitely doesnt feel too great, But I would do it again in a heart beat. worked like a charm!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 1:25 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I had it done and it did nothing for me except hurt lol but i have a friend that it put into labor when she had it done
    brooklynjean07

Answer by brooklynjean07 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 7, 2009