Would you say something or let it slide

What would you do? Say something or ignore it? My grandma treated us differernt growing up, she always had a favorte. It bugged me some when I was little but now that it's happening to my kids it's bugging me more. My grandma takes care of my cousin's daughter, she pays for her private school, buys her clothes, buys her toys, pays for her daycare, soccor, etc. My cousin's daughter has two parents who both work. For my cousin's daughter's birthday she bought her a swimming pool, last year a trampoline. For my son's birthday she gave him $25, didn't even bother looking for a present.
I was really hurt this weekend because my grandma came to town (she lives 2 hours away) and I knew nothing about it. She called me and asked if she can come by. They had been here for a full day and were staying in a hotel 10 miles from me. She said, we were just calling to see if we could stop by later. We're in town and are getting ready..cont

a_and_j_momma

Asked by a_and_j_momma at 12:27 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Don't worry about the spelling errors. I know how hard this can be. You need to say something. Get it out in the clear. Just tell her that you feel you are being left out and ask her why. You also need to let her realize that she alienating herself against her great grandkids. I know this is harder than it sounds, but they are not going to want to do anything with her when they get older. If it is brought to her attention, she might be try harder. If she does not then you might want to make a connection every now and then and tell your kids that she has a hard time getting to everyone. They will know the truth sooner or later. Maybe she feels like she can't connect with you like she can the others. I hope you find what you are looking for.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 1:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• to go on a ferry ride." I said that we were going to my sister's at 3 (this was 11am) and she said there's no guarantees that they would be by before. She didn't invite my sons on the ferry ride, she didn't invite my sons to go to the hotel to go swimming. She has seen my youngest a total of 4x since he was born, all of which I went to see her. I do not want my sons to feel as though they aren't as special or welcome. I fear that they will feel it like I did when I was growing up. Should I just continue to ignore it and do my own thing or should I tell her how I feel and how it's not fair to my kids? She is the only grandma that they have left, my mom's mom died in Aug.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:30 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• You mean she's the only great grandma left. And not such a great one.

I'd probably be avoiding her.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:12 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Yeah, sorry....the only great grandma left.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:13 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Oh gosh...I just noticed some spelling errors. I hate that. Sorry!!!!!!!!!!
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• keep on moving and don't look back, maybe if don't put so much thought into that situasion it won't bother so much. Maybe avoinding her for a minute will help. And when she feels the distance and ask u what's going on then u can tell her how she made u feel.
    Roxyfoxy36

Answer by Roxyfoxy36 at 3:42 AM on Jul. 7, 2009