What would you do if another kid hits your kid?

This actually happened to my friend and she did nothing!

Salma25

Asked by Salma25 at 12:29 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• Sometimes you don't have to do anything....This happened to us at the park and I also did nothing...why? because I have a very independant two year-old who does not need me to voice for him. Another two year old was with his grandmother and he smacked the top of my son's head 3 times. My ds looked at him and said..."No hit me! Not nice! Be nice!" the child's grandmother told my son that he was right. I've taught my ds to have a voice for those situations and then I don't intervene unless I have to. People are very picky nowdays and it's better to let it go. i might just have my ds distance himself from a child that is hurting him. Besides,* hitting comes with the territory of being a child...some learn quicker than others....We just explain to them that hitting hurts.
    TinkTink205

Answer by TinkTink205 at 12:56 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Well it'd depend on how hard, where on body, language used, where in place hit - school, mall, street etc. Hope your nephew's ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• sorry - hope your friend's son is ok!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Grab him/her by the arm & march 'em over to his/her parents & tell them to handle it.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:35 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I always go over and tell them to leave my child alone. It's not nice to hit and if they keep it up nobody will want to play with them. half the time the mom doesn't even seem to care, notice or try to tell them to knock it off!!! I do also think it's more embarassing for the child if another mother says it... I've started telling my child to stand up for herself and if someone hits, pushes or bites, do it back!!! It's self defense!
    If my child were to hit another kid first, I step in and tell her it is not ok and if she does it again we won't be going for anywhere fun for a while!!! She has hit TWICE and caught on very quickly.
    I am a very protective mother I guess....
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:36 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• The only place this has happened to my little one is at playgroup, and we're all very attentive. I just go pick my daughter up and carry her back to the group, everyone asks what happened, and I just say I think so and so hit her, then that parents hops up and scolds her kid and makes them apologize. If it happened and the parents wasn't close by, I would just say "Please don't hit" and leave it alone.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:46 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I told my kids anyone hits them by all means beat the snot out of them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• anon:58 showing whats wrong with the world
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• It depends on the situation. Sometimes I need to get involved and others they can handle themselves.
    melanie76

Answer by melanie76 at 2:20 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• IT DEPENDS, IF IT HAPPENS IN FRONT OF ME I WOULD SAY SOMETHING TO THE KID AND IF IT WAS BAD ENOUGH I WOULD GO COMPLAIN TO THE PARENTS.

Answer by older at 7:49 AM on Jul. 7, 2009