would you?

I'm looking for a house and my friend offered to be my realtor. When I asked her what she's does and all that she say "well you find then house and I show you adround and the seller pays me" (well most of what she said, but you get the point) But why should she get paid for me doing all the work? I thought I tell her what I'm looking for and budget and she finds the houses? She doesn't work for a company. I feel like telling her I don't want her to be our realator but I don't want her getting mad. (she gets mad very easily)

Kimora_neko

Asked by Kimora_neko at 12:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• If you didn't sign paperwork with her to give her a commission then you owe her nothing in money and just say you're not interested. If you're afraid of her with her temper then you're with the wrong person what ever the reason. Go to a legit realtor, or look through for sale by owner booklets in lobbies of supermarkets.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• She will be showing you houses so she should get a commission for the time she has to put in to that and she has a lot more to do than just show you around. But if she gets mad easily then she might not be a good agent for you. Remember you may have to look at a dozen or more houses b4 you find the right one and even then financing can fall threw and things can happen where she might get frustrated with you and start acting like things fall threw because you just dont really want a house. Go "interview" realtors in your area and remember they will be working for you in that respect and you should get someone who you can be honest with and you dont have to worry about their reaction because once you buy the house you wont have to associate with them again.

(my step mom is a realtor and i wouldnt use her to buy a house because i dont want these kinds of issues)
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 12:37 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• well shouldn't she look for the houses? I always thought that you gave them the info (what you want/need and budget, time frame) and they look for the houses for you. What she told me is that I find the houses.
    Kimora_neko

Answer by Kimora_neko at 12:42 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i'm just worried that if I don't use her she will get upset with me. But at the same time if I do use her and somethings happens that either of us get upset at eachother then we won't be friends
    Kimora_neko

Answer by Kimora_neko at 12:44 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• You need to get yourself a real realter and have them do all the work for you, and as for your friend just tell her you don't have the time that it takes to find a house that's why you got a diferent realtor and if she gets up set you really can't do much about that she would just have to get over it. good luck
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Yeah, I think she has to have a license in order to get paid. I would tell her thanks, but I have another person in mind. Let her know that you need her opinion on different houses and that you would love to have her come along, but she should not get paid for doing nothing. First of all, you tell her your price range, and she will find some houses to fit the budget. She will get you in the house, help you decide if it is truly what you want, and she can also help haggle with the price. I would not give her the job if she thinks you are going to do it. Also, if she is YOUR realtor, the seller will NOT pay her. You will be the one to so. If you want a realtor, you need to go to a licensed person/company and they will help you out. Yes, it will cost you money, but all you have to do is look at the house.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 1:42 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• The real estate people get paid out of the price of the house. You can be looking yourself on the computer. I am not sure where you live. Here I can just put in PMZ.COM and select where I want a house and what I want in a house. The pictures will come up and sometimes even a tour online. . You can call the Real Estate Person listed on the house you like.
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 2:08 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My family is in realty and we help "friends" and family all the time to find homes. Not once have they been charged for our help. We feel as though thats just what family does. On top of that we do all the leg work, research the homes, area, budget, and so on. All they have to do is look at the home and say yes or no.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 7:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2009