How to introduce them????

My daughter is 2 1/2- my (soon to be ex) is an amazing daddy- he LOVES our daughter... but unfortunitly we werent meant to be. Long story shot we got a divorce. NOT a messy hatred divorce but cival and we are great friends and LOVE our child.
I am dating a wonderful man now- and he LOVES kids... he's always known my daughter and shes always liked him. Now that we are dating he hasnt seen her in a while and he's going to be around alot more... Any idea's on what to do????
There is a lil waterpark close so I think we might go hang out there for the day. Shes too young to fully understand whats going on but she understands quite a bit. How do I let her know her "DA" loves her and he is ALWAYS going to be around but so isnt my boyfriend????
DOING THINGS WITHOUT HER IS NOT AN OPTION, SO PLEASE DONT BE RUDE AND TELL ME TO LEAVE HER OUT OF IT-WE ARE NOT HAVING SEX IN FRONT OF HER (OR AT ALL) BUT WOULD LIKE TO DO THINGS THE 3 OF

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• CONT.
    CAN DO TOGETHER AS A NEW LITTLE FAMILY UNIT. THANKS! & AGAIN- PLEASE NO BASHING! I am sincerly asking this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I don't see what the problem is girl! Sounds like you have done everything right including the fact that you have been civil with ex-hubby. It is a plus that she is so little and doesn't really know what's going on. It also depends on how serious you intend on getting with this guy. If you think it is for the long haul then make a gradual change for her to get used to him being around. If not then don't let them get too attached.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:08 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Just do things as a family and at the same time keep reminding her that her biodad loves her very much. She will soon get it and know who is biodad and who is stepdad...Just enjoy your new life with the new guy and have your daughter be there as well, there won't be any confusing if you just let her know what is going on.  I believe all will work out just fine. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:13 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Well, I would have to in to consideration how far I really felt this relationship was going with this man. If it was just a fling, I wouldn't involve my child too much at all. And I wouldn't have him around so much in the early stages of the relationship. I know this woman with three young children barely starting school who divorced her husband and entered another relationship. She divorced in August and moved in around February with this new man dragging her kids along. Now she is pregnant by him and he left her. Now, that is a very extreme story and I am sure your life is nothing like this. You sound very responsible and caring towards your children unlike my example. But my example became too attached and ended up hurting not only herself but her children. If you truly feel this man and you will work out, take it slow with your daughter and don't cut time from her seeing her real father. Everything will be fine!
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 1:50 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• thanks ladies-you all have been amazing help. I think he's going to be around for a while. :) We dont plan on living together anytime soon... maybe someday but not soon.
    My exhusband is an awesome friend- we are still really close. I got sick last night and he came to pick up our daughter while I rested. I dont know how many other divorced dads would do that. We are very very cival and I only want the best for our daughter. Hes an awesome daddy.
    I have every bit of faith my new guy will treat her GREAT too. Shes a lucky girl.
    Anonymous