what did u do?

My son is 6wks old, he's always been breast fed, these last 2 days he's had such terrible gas & just wants the comfort of the boob even if he's not sucking. The only way he will take his paci is if I put a slight coating of the infant gas relief stuff on it & even then he spits it out with in 10 minutes.I just rocked him to sleep bc that's the only way he would fall asleep. How did you mommas handle this kinda thing?

marinesweetie

Asked by marinesweetie at 12:49 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You just get through it and keep reminding yourself that it won't last forever and will soon pass. You should try wearing him in a sling or front carrier so you can get around and do things. Good luck :o) believe me, I've been there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• He has cried most of today because of it. I have no clue what to do.
    marinesweetie

Answer by marinesweetie at 1:01 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• my son had a lot of gas to when he was that little but as long as the gas comes out that's good most babies have a lot of gas, my son didn't want to take his binkey either but I just kept giving it to him and eventually he got used to it. I had to rock my son to sleep as well for some time, but look at it this way they grow so fast so relax and enjoy this time with your baby cuz once he gets a little older he won't want you to rock him anymore it's great bonding time with your baby so enjoy it while it lasts, good luck :)
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:07 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Hold him with his legs up and his back to your belly to help get it out. Have you eaten anything new lately that may be upsetting him?
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 1:52 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My son had times around that age where I would have him on my breast for two or more hours at a time. At first I was more worried about breaking this habit and how to do it, but then I realized it wasn't going to last forever and to spend this time comforting my baby. He needed to know I was close and nothing else was going to help him at the time. So I just sat back and enjoyed his company. If he does it at night, you can lay down on your side with his belly against yours so you can rest. We slept many nights like that and still do on occasion.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 1:55 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Nothing in my diet has changed. I don't eat spicy foods bc they tear my stomach up & I know what usually gives me gas can do the same for him. He's been passing gas a lot all day and crunching him up doesn't help much. I've got him laying down next to me latched on. He's not sucking he's just laying there latched on.its the only way to make him happy.
    marinesweetie

Answer by marinesweetie at 2:02 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Gripe Water does wonders on gasey babies. Also helps for later on with teething and fussiness...you might try that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• my daughter used to spit out her binkie all the time and we had to do the same thing (she has bad gas issues) she got over it... she never used to sleep with it in and now she wont go to sleep with out her binkie. I had to stop BF and start FF cause she wasnt getting enough from me. and we had to give her gas releife formula and a different kind of bottle (its called born free, it has some vents in it that makes sure they dont get any air bubbles in they're tummy) and now she doesnt have problems (aside from teething).
    jessiebug27

Answer by jessiebug27 at 4:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2009