• In the Spotlight:

heartburn..

I'm looking for a similar experience, if anyone's had one..
I have acid reflux and serious pregnancy related heartburn on top of that..The past 2 nights, I'll lay down, feel the acid coming up, stop in my throat and then I'll start choking and I can't breath..I get the urge to throw up so I'll start throwing up because that's the only way I can get myself breathing again..I throw up atleast 6 times before I feel better..Well tonight, I couldn't breath for so long I actually collapsed and my SO had to pick me up off the ground..
I know I need to go to the doctor and I am but I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem..I've tried milk, tums, zantac (?) and nothing is working..I'm 27 weeks
So has anyone had this? what causes the choking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My first husband had the exact same thing the only thing that helped him was alkazeltzer in water it was really nasty for him to drink he refused to go to the dr milk also helps i dont know if you can have that while pregnant but it could be worth a shot if anything temporarey reliefe. good luck i know that what your going through is really painful
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 4:34 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I didn't have it as severe as that but I only had the acid reflux during the beginning months of my pregnancy. I found eating apples helped reduce the burning sensation tremendously.
    GucciLea

Answer by GucciLea at 12:56 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I never had it that severe, going to a dr is the only advice that I can give, I hope it all works out for you good luck
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 1:00 AM on Jul. 7, 2009