crafts for 2 year old girl

hi all
I'm looking for some fun crafts or ideas to entertain my 2 year old daughter any ideas are most welcome.
thanx in advance

greenmaniac

Asked by greenmaniac at 12:59 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my dd is 20 months and loves fingerpainting! I would like to try playdough or moonsand but I guess that stuff stains. Otherwise we draw pictures for daddy (who is in Iraq) otherwise she hasn't grasped the concept of anything else just yet.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Let her make collages. Give her glue and many different items to glue on paper by herself. She may need some assistance with the glue at first. She can glue on pom pom balls, pieces of paper, styrafoam packing pieces, sequins,etc. She can place them werever she wants too. She could paint a bird house with a brush. Just give her strips of construction paper and let her snip them with scissors. Many children cannot cut with scissors when they get to preschool. Of course monitor her when she is using them. Playdoh is great!
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 7:26 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i have WIC, and we get bags of beans that i rarely have time to do anything with. so, i took 2 bags of pinto beans and poured them in a huge bowl, gave my 18mo old some random kitchen utensils like a measuring cup, spoons in different sizes, small plastic cup, etc and she sits on the floor while i cook or do chores and plays! i do it in the kitchen that way i can just scoop them up without having to worry about pieces getting in the carpet. just keep an eye on her so she doesn't try to eat them! she also loves play doh, fingerpainting, coloring (washable crayons!!), and watercolors. outside, we do chalk on the sidewalk- i got a 15 pack of chalk at the dollar store.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 10:39 AM on Jul. 7, 2009