Rush Limbaugh has called for overthrow of our current government. Isn't that un-American?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Typical right-winger. When their guys are out of power they always want the government overthrown! Sore losers! LOL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• First I have heard of this. Of course I don't listen to Rush. Is there a specific link that you are referencing to ask this question ?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:21 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• no it isn't unamerican. If we let everything go to hell without doing something...THAT would be unamerican.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:23 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Having an opinion isn't unAmerican. Stifling opinion IS.

So let Rush rant, as he always has. He's NEV ER been happy, which makes you wonder whether he really believes anything he says or only what he thinks will bring him the highest numbers and ad dollars at any given time.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:35 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Sounds like a great idea. The way we are going not much of what has made us great will be left.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• The way we are going not much of what has made us great will be left.

Although that sounds about right, does anybody take what Rush Limbaugh says seriously? I thought he was a comedian for a long time, couldn't think he was actually believing what he said.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Let me say this, the people who are working to change American government aren't going to be talking about it like Rush or having conversations on an internet chat room. They just aren't that stupid.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:24 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• What gdiamante said. I can't believe people still listen to him. I guess it's like watching a train wreck though... you can't look away.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 4:20 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• The thing to remember is that there are so many opinions about how our country should run. Having an opinion that differs from many other's doesn't make him un-american. By him saying that he thinks our current form of government should be overthrown, he is saying that he loves his country so much that he hates seeing it in it's current state. I don't necessarily agree with him, but I can understand that he is feeling unhappy. And seriously! Does everyone who thinks outside of the box have to be a 'Right-Winger'? Being conservative in political views seems to be a HUGE no-no. I guess that if you value something differently from the sex-slinging demoralised masses, you must be a red-necked bible thumper. Too bad it's the very few extremists that ruin it for everyone else of conservative view.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:15 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• No I don't think he's being un-American, America is being run into the ground.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2009