this kind of upset me :[

it's my boyfriends birthday today and i decided i would be the first to call him at midnight and sing happy birthday to him. i called him and he didn't answer, then he called back a minute later and was like "sorry anna, tom and kevin we're singing happy birthday" this really made me upset for some reason even though it's not really a big deal. would you feel the same?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• yeah I would be disappointed too... but maybe you can find something else really special to do for him., it may make up for your disappointment.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:17 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Honestly, no...i's no one's fault. There are larger things to get upset over, and really...it's not THAT big of a deal. You could just try to sing it the BEST. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:17 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Don't worry about it you just wanted to be the first one to call and say HB!

Either your clock was behind or theirs were ahead by one minute, next year call 5 minutes ahead and stay on the phone until it turns 12:00 midnight.

Atleast he callled you back right away...
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:18 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Just be happy he has several people that love him. I'll bet your boyfriend was very happy hearing from so many people at once! It's not like they personally and manipulatively called before you, and it's not about you... it's about your boyfriend. Did you really do it to make him happy, or to gain recognition for your actions?
    squish

Answer by squish at 1:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• personally, i would just make my version better. picture marilyn monroe singing it in a sexy voice with a sexy dress on (or off) and i promise he won't remember they sang....LOL
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 1:47 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Well I can understand being maybe a little bit upset but at the same time I think its a really childish thing to get upset about, really who cares just make sure he has a happy b-day
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:00 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• This is not the answer you want... but I would be pissed if someone called me at midnight to sing me happy birthday!! I don't think it matters really just do something special for his birthday.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:59 AM on Jul. 7, 2009