Christian mom interested in paganism

I was raised Christian as a child, yet the older I get the more it just seems wrong. I have been interested in pagan religions for years yet I do not really understand them fully. Any help would be appreciated.

lauri_s

Asked by lauri_s at 1:15 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You could pray for the answers about them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• You are welcome to PM if you'd like.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:59 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Read everything you can about differing Pagan religions. Use reputable sources and books by reputable authors.
    Ladies: Any ideas?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• There are several different "Pagan" paths to choose from. There are several ladies on here who are following differing Pagan paths. I would be happy to share with you my beliefs. And the group End Religious Intolerance and Ignorance. It has loads of imformation on Paganism and there are several Pagan ladies in there as well. Here is a link

http://www.cafemom.com/group/103652

-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 3:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I was going to give you the same link as Spiritguide! But you're also free to PM me any time. I don't know it all but I know some and half the fun is the journey!
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 10:24 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Firstly, Thank you to paganmom05 and Spiritguide. I am so proud that my group is providing such a safe and educational environment to you all!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:45 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Secondly, Lauri_s. I am what's called an Eclectic Pagan Witch. What this means is that I do not follow any one pagan path, I pull from many and I practice witchcraft. It's like a non-denom Christian. However I do not believe any religion is wrong, they are all right for someone, just not everyone. I would feel blessed to lend you a hand in finding the path that is right for you. If you are interested in Paganism the best website I can send you to is www.PagansPath.com It's an awesome general site and is written for the novice while even helping the expert. IF you are like me and prefer an actual book, I would be happy to recommend a few! Also, please feel free to PM me with questions. I'm going to send you a friend invite so that we can chat.

Blessed Be
    Sabrina

• Idiots Guides have good general information in them. That might help as well.

Im Eclectic so you can PM me if you'd like as well.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:10 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• When i was looking (12 years ago) for information i found the books by scott cunningham. for me they made sense the language in them was easy to understand and they kept it on a level that was basic. Also Raymond buckland has a "big blue book" it has a lot of information. check with your local library a lot of them have books on paganism.
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• One book that really helped me was Paganism:An Introductios To Earth-Centered Religions. It goes into detail about what Paganism is. I grew up Christian too so i had/have alot of questions. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to talk about it.
    tinkerbelle18

Answer by tinkerbelle18 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2009