HOSPITAL BAG??

I AM CURRENTLY 35 WEEKS AND 2 DAYS PREGNANT.......WHEN SHOULD I HAVE MY BAGS READY?? AND IS THERE ANYTHING THAT YOU WISH YOU WOULD OF TAKEN??

TashaMarie349

Asked by TashaMarie349 at 1:25 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• comfy socks socks and a ridiculous amount of underwear.. it was messier than i expected. and very loose sweat pants in case they stitch you up. and i would eat & drink before going into the hospital because they don't allow it while in labor.. and God knows how long you'll be in labor. (i was in labor fo 30 hours on an empty stomach, they didn't allow food or water). maybe a book to read if the pain isn't too bad while you're waiting to dilate. and for the baby, just bring a comfy, easy to put on going-home outfit. i wouldn't recommend anything with lots of buttons because they don't like changing and fastening buttons take longer than their patience will allow. congratulations and good luck!
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 1:37 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Our bag was done at 37 weeks both times. We stuck with the list out of the What to Expect Book. I took my own pillow, robe, nursing bra & pads, heavy duty maxi pads, socks, snacks for my husband (since they starve you), going home outfit for the baby and also a cute outfit for the baby in which they will take the "newborn photo" in. Of course your camera and cell-along with the chargers or extra batteries, the car seat, my own toiletries, hair clip and change of clothes for us both.

There were a couple things I didn't think of the first time around that I'll be sure to remember now: granny panties-I didn't expect to have a C-section. Where they stapled me up was right where my normal underwear sat and it was incredibly painful and swollen. I had my mother find me the biggest cheap granny's she could! Though they were hideous, they worked great that first week. Also I forgot my own razor. The ones they provided were awful
    hrt_0928

Answer by hrt_0928 at 1:55 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My next time around I will bring...
    a phone charger, a breast pump(milk wouldn't start and had to use hospitals.. kinda weird) TUMS cuz i had alot of heartburn during contractions and the dr wasn't allowing anything, your own bottles just in case your milk doesn't come in and want her to get used to yours, my own pads, some comfy shorts to wear under robe or gown, nail clippers since i was gonna poke the baby with my nails, shoes for walking around the hospital I only had high heals from work. Most of those are kinda odd and probally just from my own experience but i thought i would share.
    trinnaman123

Answer by trinnaman123 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• ipod...to play relaxing or whaterver music while in labor....
    ChasingChaser

Answer by ChasingChaser at 9:21 PM on Jul. 20, 2009