What do you love about where you live?

What city and state do you live in and what do you love about the city? I'm traveling the country over the next two years and plan on making many stops! I'd love to get some ideas of fun places to visit! Where do you live and what is there to do there if you're just stopping by for a few days?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I live in Bellflower, ca Where Octomom gave birth - I hate this $&*^hole
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 1:47 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• lol Ok so cross Bellflower, Ca off my list! Got it ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Anchorage Alaska. The northern lights, daylight 24/7 like now, or during the winter it is dark 20 hours a day. Moose come out on a regular basis, there is santas workshop at the North Pole.... NOT JOKING!!!! With real reindeer... it's very pretty all year round. Oh, and bears as well!!! Very secluded and "untouched"
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:55 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• haha boston...cant really say anything good. Ghetto lol
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 1:59 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Macon Georgia- we are a friendly place where everyone smiles and talks to each other. we have all fouir seasons although our winters are much nicer the summers are really hotter than Michigan where i grew up
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 1:59 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• 07lilmama how do you like living up there? DH and I were thinking about moving up to alaska he wants to work for carlisle and hopefully become an ice road trucker
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 2:11 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I live in West Central Wisconsin. It's very rural around here, and I love that! Beautiful scenery, 4 seasons, friendly people...what's not to like?!?! :-)
    e.c.mama

Answer by e.c.mama at 2:13 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I live in San Diego. Everyone knows of the Zoo and Wild Animal Park, so those are a must do. We also have a Sea World, several beautiful beaches, Balboa park (home to the zoo and several really neat museums, botanical gardens, etc.), Old Town, Mission San Diego de Alcala, Coronado island, which is home to the famous Hotel del Coronado, which is really beautiful and has a great restaurant with a fantastic view. We have much less graffiti and general trash lying around as other cities in CA (I grew up in the SF bay area & Sacramento area), the highways have trees and plants along them, the weather is great most of the year (best time to come here is in April/May or October/November as winter is gloomy but warmer than most other places if you are looking to escape the heat and the summer can get dreadfully hot). The potholes (the city is broke and doesn't fix them often) and high cost of living are my only complaints
    PeaInMyPod

Answer by PeaInMyPod at 2:16 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I live in Southern Indiana. There is the Ohio River and camping areas all around us. There is Holiday World in Santa Claus, it is a great amusement park. They actually have mail from all over the country that goes there! If you like nature, this is the place to be!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I live in northern VA and I love the town we live in - it's far from the cities, but has a nice large shopping area of its own - it has a lot of pretty rural areas to drive through, it's close enough to DC for my husband to go to work daily, and we're too far north for any of his family to just drop in for a sudden unannounced visit. :)

I'm originally from southern ME and there is so much more to love there and I miss it so very much. ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:52 AM on Jul. 7, 2009