My daughter who is 10 stayed at a friends last night and tonight....

she just called, upset, crying and wants to come home. Has this happened to any of your kids? She is upset because she lost her money...(30$) and couldn't find her bunny. (She has NEVER concerned herself with this bunny till this week.) I think she is premenstrual. Or picking up on the mom and sister who were premenstrual. UGH...so anyway, has this happened to you?

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 1:51 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think I started my period when I was 11...I think. It's definitely possible. Girls are growing up quicker and quicker.
    ours

Answer by ours at 1:56 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I would definatly pick her up. It may be nothing but something else may have happened and she can't say it over the phone or doesn't want to. I hope it's nothing. Let us know if she's ok.
    melanie76

Answer by melanie76 at 2:15 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• She is fine. They brought her home. It was her money. She kept playing in her head and she knew she put it in her backpack after they went to the store. She said she kept calling herself irresponsible and it was making her more and more upset and then they watched 13 going on 30 and that made her more upset.
    I had told her to take some money. When her dad asked me why, I said, because she may want to buy a soda or something while she is there with her friend. I had no idea she had taken so much. Next time I will be more specific. :(
    Anyway, I went through her backpack and found the money. She had put it in her camera case. (That she had saved up to buy...LOL) My kids get their money thing from me. I hate to spend or lose money. BUT I would NOT have yelled at her for it!
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:20 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Sounds like she was just moody and stressed. She will be fine, and she will be doing a lot of this more and more often in the next few years, and it will always be a different thing that causes it. She is growing and learning and experiencing new things and new ways of coping with things. Just be there to be her rock she can call when she flounders.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 2:46 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Glad to hear she's ok. I'm glad you found her money.
    melanie76

Answer by melanie76 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 9, 2009