ways to lose weight?

what are somethings that have honestly helped you? i am tired of being over weight and i want to know some of the things that have helped you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Agreed....the fact that I hate the way I look when I have to see myself in the mirror, with or without clothes....motivates me to eat healthier and be more active, which, in and of itself has helped me lose weight....but I'm still working on it.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 2:00 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• fiberweigh. it fills your stomach so you feel full, works great!
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 1:52 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I looked in the mirror naked and that was my motivation to go work out and replace meals with veggis instead of greasy foods, I did this after my first son and I lost over 100 pounds I felt and looked great, but with this baby I gained some weight back and having a hard time motivating myself
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:59 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I would start with simple changes.
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day.
    Replace meat and dairy with bean, lentils and tofu

You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 5:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I use the Trim product Line from Advocare. It has worked well.

Advocare_Mom

Answer by Advocare_Mom at 6:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2009