How do you clean a glass top electric stove?

My stupid brother decided to cook mac and cheese the first day that i had my stove and it boiled over and now i cant seem to get the satin to go away! i have tried magic erasers and they do not work!! so any ideas??

Perdy

Asked by Perdy at 1:53 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I have tried all different kind of things and I have not found anything that workd as well as baking soda, water and a dish towel. I was so excited to get the stove and after a few uses I was rather disappointed it seemed that it was not worth the hassle, I had a Pampered Chef party and the lady let me in on that secret. It makes cleaning a breeze, even with things that have boiled over I have not found anything that works as well. Good luck in getting it off.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Guessing glass cleaner?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• We have this stuff that is specifically for those stoves. It is made by Weiman and is called Cook Top. It says on the back: "....Is guaranteed not to scratch, and is specifically formulated to gently yet effectively remove burned on deposits and shine and protect your smooth top range. Available in most major supermarkets and all Wal-Mart stores". The directions say(shortened lol): "Allow surface to cool. Remove burnt on crust with a scraping blade. Shake well and apply to surface. Rub with sponge, cloth or paper towel. Do not use steel wool or abrasive pad. Remove excess cleaner and buff with paper towel. Daily use will keep cook top protected and easy to clean."
    It works really well =) Hope this helps!! GL!
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 2:00 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My mother who is one of the most OCD people I know bought a glass top stove a few months ago and cleans it religiously with "Bartender's friend"....some sort of cleaning agent. I am personally a baking soda, vinegar sanitizer spray user but we don't have a glass top!

lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 11:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2009