How do i make my husband appreciate me more???

Everything i do and nothing i do seems to make him happy! Ive tried everything i can think of so any ideas????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I had another thought while I was writing the above. For a while before you have this discussion with him, consider your interaction with him during the day. How often do you express your appreciation of him. It may not occur to him that he needs to say anything to you about appreciating you. Do you praise him when he takes care of something around the house? Do you tell him, when his paycheck comes in, for example, that you are glad he is such a good provider, a good husband, a good dad, that you are always impressed when he does this or that. For a month or so be conscious of praising him. Don't go overboard, naturally.

Answer by Bmat at 9:22 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Pray for him it does wonders...
    Chize

Answer by Chize at 2:01 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I'm with chize it does do wonders good luck
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:02 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Make him go to couples' counseling! He needs to appreciate you or you need to find a new man that will.
    Buttercupchick

Answer by Buttercupchick at 3:39 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Pray if you want...but still get a third party involved. Counseling will help you even if it doesn't change him. (Word to the wise: they DON'T change.)

Answer by gdiamante at 4:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I'd talk with him. Not accusing, not whining. Just after a nice meal I'd say I am concerned about something, I am feeling that I am not being appreciated. And let him run with the ball. Be very careful to word this well- word it all from your point of view, do not word in in such a way that it comes across that you are being critical of him. You really don't want him to lose face, this would make him close up and not try to work out a solution- it would make him defensive and resentful. So keep it as "your" problem and ask his advice. Don't bring up other complaints. Don't call names. Keep the past out of it. Be prepared, after some discussion, to tell him how much you appreciate him and how you show him the appreciation.

Answer by Bmat at 9:18 AM on Jul. 7, 2009