changing a girls diaper..

my dd is 20months and just noticed (the past week or two) that when i change her diaper and wipe her, that she freaks out when i wipe her crotch area (like inbetween when she poops and stuff).....like it is sore or something, she will gasp.....i really dont think this is normal, could something be wrong...? should i be worried??

Kelli.and.Ellie

Asked by Kelli.and.Ellie at 2:13 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You may just be wiping too rough. She also could have bumped herself there, or she may have discovered that area and touched herself too rough, making it sore. My daughter's in that stage where she's exploring, always has her hands down her pants, and when I wipe her, I have to be very gentle. That's my best guess.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:17 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• thats what abother mom said but i am gentle, i think my df is a little more rough when he cleans her thou......i will just have to keep reminding him...men never think they are being rough! lol
    Kelli.and.Ellie

Answer by Kelli.and.Ellie at 2:19 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I would ask her pediatrician. She could have some sort of infection thats making her burn. It may not be visible, but could be there. Definitely check with her doctor.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:29 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• the wipes might sting her. try using a wet paper towel for a couple days and see if she still has the same reaction.
    jollymommy

Answer by jollymommy at 2:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2009