scenario time ........

There is a powerful storm going on outside, phone lines are down, power is knocked out everything is dark but a few flickers from the candles set up, hubby/so is stuck at work, you are home all alone and you go into labor, the baby is coming fast what do you do?

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 2:20 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Be a big girl and do what I need to do to keep myself and my unborn child safe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Omg, that's terrible. I guess I drive myself to the hospital despite the storm, or get a neighbor to take me. What a horrible thought, lol.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:22 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• run to the neighbors for help
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 2:23 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I live on a military base, so I'd be roaming over to the neighbor's house (which is what 10 ft?), he's an MA and would drive me to the Naval hospital real quick. I have a cell though, so I'm never really stranded without contact with the outside world.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:24 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Boil some water and grab some clean towels!!!!!! At least that's what I've seen in the movies.lol
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:36 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Well if I can walk, I go across the street to DH's aunts or grandparents and get them to take me to the hospital. If not I suck it up and have the baby by myself and go get help afterwards.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:43 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Grab my cell phone and put it on speaker while I call L&D at the hospital for instructions, although I know the basics of a healthy delivery.
    I would then quickly gather what I need: string, scissors, lots of towels, wet washcloths, the nasal aspirator I got at the baby shower, Tylenol for my headache, a clock to notate the time, and an old quilt to lie on.
    Then I would do what comes naturally as the nurses from L&D talk me through any problems I may encounter.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:49 AM on Jul. 7, 2009