What is a tubal is REALLY like? Recovery wise

I have not decided which way I want this done yet, (cut or clamps) my doctor is giving me a few days to decide but I want to know what the recovery is really like. The docs of course tell u its a bit 'uncomfortable' but I want to hear from moms that have had it done. So how bad is it really? How long was recovery for you? THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Health

• I had the clips done. Now I had my gall bladder removed the same time I was having my tubal done, but the recovery wasn't bad at all. So if all you're having done is the tubal I can't imagine it would be worse. Everyone is different though. But in my experience, it was an easy recovery. That day was lost. The next day I was moving slow, but by the weekend I was fine.
    jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 4:15 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• for me, it hurt more than the recovery from childbirth. make sure you have your RX filled by a family member on the way home from the hospital for the pain. mine were cut, no clamps.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:27 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I had mine done with a csection, not a problem and after 6 weeks I feel 100%
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Thanks so much for the answers. I am having the inside of my uterus burned as well. I have extremely heavy painful periods and that will lighten them quite a bit but I will never be able to carry a baby so she only does it to moms that have had tubals. luckily our pharmacy is in the same building (Kaiser) so my Dh can go get it filled downstairs. Hopefully Ill have it as well as you guys did! (or most of you!)
    Anonymous