Would you be upset?

My best friend of 17 years, Was talking to me on aim tonight, and She was stating how she hated being a grown up. I said " I got married so young and had kids really young too, Being grown up is hard work" then she asked me " what was the real reason you got married so young? I never understood you" && " you still have time to go to school, education is so important" Granted, that is true, But don't after 4 years ask me why I got married, and don't judge my life... Shes not that grown up, she has no idea what its like to care for Anyone but herself. Bleh...
Would you be hurt? or am I just being emotional again?

TheTara

Asked by TheTara at 2:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• You're just being emotional. I'm sure she just wants what's best for you and since school is so important to her, she can't understand why it's not your top priority. Plus....IMing is so difficult sometimes because you can't hear the tone in peoples voices. She could've been kidding or meant to say it light-heartedly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• People who arent married and/or dont have kids don't know what its like. I'd say let it go only because she doesnt understand the life you lead.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 3:05 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I'm tired so I'm gonna make this short, but maybe she meant well by asking you why you married young. Maybe she's trying to justify things her life, or figure out if there is something missing in hers. Some people just aren't ready to marry as early as others, and yet others never will be ready. Either way, that doesn't make one person any better or worse than the other. There could be a hundred different reasons that she asked you, but I dont think I would take it too personal. If you're happy, or even if you were at the time, then don't feel like you should have any regrets or have to be defensive. Just simply tell her you married because you loved your partner and leave it at that. That's what I would do. :0)
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 3:06 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Thanks. I have a tendency to get over-emotional... I hate it. lol
    TheTara

Answer by TheTara at 3:08 AM on Jul. 7, 2009