pacifier question

I use the Avent pacifiers and my 6 month old refuses to take the 6-9 month one, she still wants the 0-3 month one. She gags every time I give her the bigger ones. Is it crucial that I change it, will it effect her pallet or her teeth if I just stick to the smaller one?

Imans_mommy

Asked by Imans_mommy at 3:42 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my boy is 8 months and he still likes the 0-3 and my oldest was the same way I never got them a bigger size.
    I don't think this is any diferent then baby cloths my baby is 8 months but wears 18 month clothing so I think binkeys are the same way you give them the size that works for them

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:47 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i think that your kiddo is able to tell what isnt comfortable for her. dont force the bigger one on her just try it every once in a while. i know I have looked at the 6 month+ ones and its crazy huge.
    I do think that constant use of a pacifier will mess with your kiddos mouth though..I have a friend whose 3 year old still has a pacifier and his upper teeth stick out bad and his upper lip when his mouth is closed looks like a birds beak....so using one that is comfortable for your kiddo is fine but letting them constantly have it I think is a horrible idea, jmo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My dentist said not to worry about the size of the paci just the amount of use.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• No, the sizes of the nipple are of no issue. They just make bigger ones because of the size of the mouth. Those big ones are TOO big, IMO. My kids would never take it. They like the middle sized one and I let them all suck one past age two.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:57 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Sounds like the nipple is too big if it causes her to gag. Just stick with what she is used to. Be sure to try to wean her from the pacifier by 18 months so her teeth won't be affected.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 7, 2009