Small town police blotters....

Ok, I live in a small town where it seems like the highlight of having our newspaper online is that we get to see all the funny police blotters. I'm bored so I thought I'd share some tidbits from my "neck of the woods". Does anyone else live in a small town w/ ridiculous police blotters? Please share. =)

Here's some from the last few days:

9:19 a.m. — A woman from the 22000 block of Jennifer Drive reported two horses showed up at her house overnight.

9:23 p.m. — A child from the 15000 block of Washington Road called 911 and asked for a hamburger.

12:32 a.m. — A caller from McCourtney Road reported cows in the road.

9:40 a.m. — A caller from the 100 block of South Auburn Street reported possible insults during a child exchange.

8:24 p.m. — A caller form the 13000 block of Golden Star Road reported an odd smell, possibly drugs “cooking.” It was a dead deer.

dannydawna

Asked by dannydawna at 3:43 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL, those are funny. I don't think ours is online. I'll have to check...
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 3:45 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• And here's some older "classic ones":
    8:33 a.m. - A caller from a store on the 300 block of Sacramento Street reported a suspicious-looking man was sucking on gas nozzles and scaring customers and employees. He was wearing white-and-black polka dot pajamas. Police arrested the man on suspicion of trespassing and booked him into jail. The jail would not accept the man, and he was released to the custody of Behavioral Health Services for an evaluation at the hospital emergency room.

Post #6Austin Schumacher (UCSD) wroteon July 7, 2008 at 11:13am
    - A caller on the 300 block of North Church Street reported at 12:26 pm that his friend who was house-sitting his dog had sold the dog for drugs.

- At 4:01 pm, a caller from the 400 block of Nimrod Street reported a fight between Girl Scouts and horseshoe players

dannydawna

Answer by dannydawna at 3:45 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Child exchange?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• 12:38 p.m. — A man on the 12000 block of Madrona Way reported he was angry at his wife, and she was yelling at him and the children. He believed his wife was hormonal.

Sunday
    A caller on the 700 block of Zion Street, near SPD, reported a space ship had landed in the parking lot just before noon and it is now disguised as a rock.

A man from the 11000 block of Lake Wildwood Drive reported he has been receiving pornographic materials in the mail. He said he called the company sending the materials, but they haven't stopped mailing him. The man said he would call Fox News or Bill O'Reilly for help, as he knew they would despise such an occurrence.
    dannydawna

Answer by dannydawna at 3:46 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• that's to funny
    but yeah what is the whole thing about child exchange
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:50 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I don't know what is funnier.... the guy in the PJs or the spaceship rock! ROFL!

Ok, its gotta be the spaceship rock!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 3:52 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• when people are separated, they "exchange" the child for visits with the absent parent.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 3:53 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• those were good... my town isn't online but I found some through google that are pretty funny....

"Police receive a report of a newborn infant found in a trash can. Upon investigation, officers discover it was only a burrito."

"The Learning Center reports a man standing at his window for hours, making parents nervous... Police ID the subject as a cardboard cutout of Arnold Schwarzenegger."

---- LOL, that reminds me..... my neighbor has a John Wayne cut-out in his window and when people come over to my house they always ask why my neighbor is staring at us!!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 4:00 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Poor dog!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 4:02 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Sorry, one more funny one, courtesy of theunion.com =)

Jan. 20 — A man from the 15000 block of Beeman Lane called the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office to report his wife was missing and a 5-year-old girl he didn’t know was sleeping in his chair. Deputies determined he had been drinking and there was no little girl at the residence.

dannydawna

Answer by dannydawna at 4:04 AM on Jul. 7, 2009