WHAT SHOULD i DO???

MY SON iS 41/2 MONTHS AND i NOTicED HAD LiKE LiTTLE BUMPS ON HiS FACE EARLieR.. BUT it WASNT ALOT.. i THOUGHT iT WAS JUST LiKE YOU KNO A TEETHiNG RASH CUZ OF ALL THE DROOL.. BUT NOW HE HAS iT LiKE ALL OVER HiS CHEECK AND CHiN AND LiKE UNDER THE CHiN.. AND itS LiKE ACNE iT LOOKS LiKE ACNE... LiTTLE PiMPLES SHOULD i JUST CALL THE DOCTOR TOMARROW... AND TRY TO GET HiM iN ASAP? OR TAKE HiM iN THE ER TONiGHT? iM A FirST TiME MOM...

jacobalex_mommy

Asked by jacobalex_mommy at 4:47 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Kids' Health

• The baby acne is mostly likely caused by all the drool.. I've heard that breast milk could help clear it... If you breast feed, try cleaning area affected with clean water and let air dry, then apply breast milk and let dry. I have not tried this first hand, as I did not breast feed. If you do not breast feed, try cleaning the affected area with cool water and let air dry, try to keep area as dry as possible, as it is most likely just an irritation from the drool. Couldn't hurt to call your ped. in the morning, though if they are anything like my sons pediatrician, they will just have you come in and pay the co pay and tell you the same thing, about keeping the area clean and dry. I do not see any need to take him to the ER tonight, though I am not a medical professional. :) good luck with the little guy
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 5:03 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• If the baby is not irriated at all or feverish, I'd just check in with the doctor in the morning but should go away on its own. I usually rush to the doc just for my own peace of mind and not for the child. Baby acne is very normal.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 6:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Its normal. It goes away. All babies get it, some more then others.
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 9:30 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• there is a such thing called baby acne. my niece had it for a little while, i would make a dr. apt and ask the phisician what it is and what you can do, in the mean time try to keep it clean and dry. good luck!
    lilysmommy23

Answer by lilysmommy23 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I think it could be from teething or maybe even a little heat rash... it looks kind of like pimples.
    If he otherwise is fine I wouldn't worry about it at all.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Definitely don't go to the ER. Very poor use of emergency professionals. I'm a nurse and am often asked to diagnose rashes by description over the phone or without a thorough history of onset, etc. Mostl ikely your baby's doctor will want to see it. I'd give it 48 hours keeping it as dry as possible and call then if it's not better. Bibs help alot when there is persistant drooling. Baby acne is usually confined to the first month or two when pores are clogged from the vernex that protected their skin inutero.
    sapnet

Answer by sapnet at 11:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2009