I dont know what to do ! Please any advice??

My baby is 3 months and would never slep in a play pen bassinet or crib only in a swing . Well the batteries died tonight and now my baby will only sleep maybe an hour at a time if put down . I dont know what to do , Is my baby gonna be difficult about being in a crib ? Im just so tired ! Please any advice??I ask here because more people answer in this section at night . thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My son slept in his bouncer until he was around 4 months old. Then I started to transition him into the crib during the daytime for naps, then at night for bedtime. The transition actually didn't take that long, maybe a few days.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 7:09 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• OK I am guilty of having my son be a swing-a-holic. Same thing happened to me. All i did was mustered up the energy and strength to swing him in a blanket. Like a hammock! put him in the middle of it and twirl the ends around your hands and swing back and forth then when baby is really asleep you gently put him on the bed with you or whereever you sleep. GL
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 5:27 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Sorry honey, it's just no fun when you're this tired. There is one old "wives tale" trick that actually works - but even I don't like it. Put your baby in the car seat, place the car seat on the dryer, put the air mattress on the floor next to the dryer, turn the dryer on, lay down on the air mattress and rest while the vibrations of the dryer soothes the baby to sleep. (THIS IS AN EMERGENCY-GOTTA-HAVE-SOME-SLEEP- TECHNIQUE) NEVER LEAVE THE BABY UNATTENDED> NEVER .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:29 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• we dont have a dryer we have to go to a lundry mat
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:35 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• What always worked for my oldest was putting her in one of the carriers that strap to you and rocking in a rocking chair. Thats how we slept for 3 months. Hope you get some sleep soon..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:38 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Do you have a rocking chair?
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 5:38 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• thanks ladies for the suggestions !!
    Anonymous

• ya . if i rock him to long tho i fall asleep . lol im good at rocking myself to sleep .
    im so scared of dropping him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:39 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

This is just too off the wall, who is going to blow up an air mattress at this hour?

Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 5:46 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Muster up the energy to allow him to cry it out. As for being really tired, it can be a state of mind. Sleep during the day while he sleeps if you can. The baby will fall asleep when they get tired enough. but don't let the crying go on too long. i know it sounds mean, but sometimes, that can be best for baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2009