Harry Potter Actor An Atheist.

Daniel Radcliffe came out of the atheist closet in a recent article with Esquire magazine. I understand that some people are not HP fans to begin with but in general, does one actor's beliefs make you more or less likely to watch a movie/TV show/play that they are in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Entertainment

• no, as long as their beliefs arent going to effect the movie or w/e. it doesnt change their acting skills or if i find them entertaining... and most the time I don't watch something for an actor, i watch 4 the plot. Just johnny depp movies.... and tim burton directed movies. I was taught to love everyone no matter what...
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 8:27 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• We never got into those movies in the first place,so it has no bearing on whether I'll watch or not. I will,however,be praying for him.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:10 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• no I could care less what religion people practice.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:18 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I don't care. It has nothing to do with the movie or story.
    angelachristine

Answer by angelachristine at 10:04 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• There are some actors and actresses I just can't stand to watch (and won't) because of their beliefs. But they have to be really bold and outspoken for me to even here about what they believe. Because honestly I don't pay much attention to celebrities and what they say or do. There are too many other important things going on in the world, in the nation, in my state, in my city, and in my family. Focus, people...and keep the main thing the main thing.
    ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 11:39 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• To tell you the truth I'm against the Harry Potter series in general, anything that deals with the occult, scorcery, astrology, mediums, etc... Also I remember reading that the author of the series is also an atheist. I just don't believe any good can come from reading these types of books or watching these films. There are numerous places in the bible that warn of these things. I suppose it's a matter of ones' own morals & beliefs.
    cherielynn62

Answer by cherielynn62 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I am not going to stop watching a movie or show because of their religion. I will not sit and judge them. My thought is that I am not his or her judge and it is not my place. The only way I wont watch it is only because I just dont like their acting style. Or the movie don't look to great.
    BOOGIETHEBOOG

Answer by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 2:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I could care less. I really don't like Tom Cruise and I think he is a complete looney, but I'll still watch his movies.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Someone's religious beliefs do not bother me. And as long as they don't push their beliefs on me they can go about their merry way making as many millions they wish making movies.
    frenzied

Answer by frenzied at 4:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I could care less.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2009