How to get sand out of bathing suit?

Just got back from the beach and can't seem to get the sand out of the inside of my daughter and I's bathing suits. I have soaked them, washed them with the hose, any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• washing machine that normaly works well least for me, or u can keep rinsing them with the hose but u might have to do it for a lil . also first u might want to let the suits dry out and then shake them out like theres no tomorrow..good luck.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:46 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Washing machine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I use the washing machine and laundry soap, works amazingly well.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:19 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• if you are talking about in the fabric then just the washer but if you mean the little place in the crotch then you have to cut the back of it (just the little nylon liner) Thats the only way it came out for me It wont ruin the suit if you do that and it will help when it happens again.
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Let them dry in the sun and shake them outside.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I had some nice black sand stuck in the fiber of a bathing suit - not the lining. To get it out I gently stretched sections of the suit over the head of my kitchen faucet and took a wet, longer twist washcloth and wiped the material that was stretched with the washcloth - going with the grain of the material. Then rinsed the suit while looking for more sand. It completely took it out. If the sand isn't coming out, turn the suit over and do the same to the opposite side. The sand is just more embedded on the other side. It works!!
    CathSaff

Answer by CathSaff at 4:37 PM on Feb. 21, 2010