Am I the only who thinks lunchables dont really consitute a lunch for a child?

A snack maybe but not a lunch.. there is not that much there and they are not healthy.. for the price you pay for one ou can make your child a sandwich, fruit and something else and its healthier.. im not saying they are bad now and then but i wouldnt send it with my child as just a lunch.. anyone agree?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 9:12 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• i have to say i bought my girls the lunchable subs ( i think there luchables..there new. ) it was a tukey and cheese sub with low fat mayo and fat free jello. they really liked the subs ( there was 2 in box ) and its not alot that they get them but i had packing and loading to do for a 3 day camping trip and knew i would be busy and running around so i needed somethin fast for them so we could get ready to leave in a few hours. i think as long as its not all the time its ok. kinda like a treat..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:17 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• my kids like the subs too, though I rarely buy them. They are good for certain circumstaces, but not as a regular substitute for a real lunch. Better than McDonald's though, IMO.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:29 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• These are perfect for a toddler or preschoolers lunch, especially those that don't eat a lot of food. My son loved these for lunch, I just added fruit, apple sauce or yogurt to the lunchable. I would rather see a lunchable than a bunch of junk food or McDonalds.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• no I think the same way. I don't think they're healthy at all.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:08 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• its been so long since ive seen a lunchable!!! i remembe rthey ahd like 5 crackers and meat anc cheese, a candy and a jucie box.... not things i want my kids to eat..... my 3 year old ahs never had one.... my SIL sent a box over when iw as watching my neice for the kids lunches< like 20 of them> i enver opened the box just gave it away
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:11 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I read in a news article of the 10 worse foods to consume that lunchables were listed as the #1 worse foods you could eat or feed your kids. High fat, sodium and preservatives & very little nutrition. I've never bought them & would never consider giving them to my kids.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Not only are they unhealthy, they are ridiculously expensive for what you get.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I hate lunchables! They are not healthy at all. So much sodium and heaven knows what else! Maybe, rarely I might consider giving them as a special treat or something, but I doubt that I'll even do that. My DS isn't old enough to know what they are or request them yet thank goodness. I worked in the schools for a while and watched the students I worked with bring them day after day. I know they're the easy way out, but make your kid lunch for goodness sakes!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I don't give them to my kids as lunch, I feel it's better to make them something, a sandwich and some fruit or something. I do occasionally buy them for my grandkids as a treat or snack.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:33 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I don't purchase them or give them to my daughter. The sodium levels are alarmingly high. Buy a box of Whole Wheat Ritz crackers, some cheese and a piece of fruit for a healthier snack.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 7, 2009