Ever buy eyes glasses from Walmart with no insurance?

How much did they cost you along with an exam?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Health

• I bought some about two years ago or so, and they were around 150$ with the lenses and everything. I think the eye exam was free, not sure if that was a special they were running or not. The glasses were small-frames and I still have them; plus they do minor repairs on them for free if you bought them there!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:20 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• there xpensive. my dh needed new glasses and he did have insurence and it still cost us 250.00 and that for for the lenses and frams.. not the exam. im sorry no help but call them and see if u can get a quot..good luck hun..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:21 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I have. The exam was $59, the glasses, frames and lenses, were $117. And I will never go there again. At ours, the people are very rude, they are reluctant to repair anything, and the frames broke half a dozen times in less than a yr. We now go to a place called Lange Eyecare, we pay a little bit more, but the people are a whole lot nicer, the frames are better quality, and they not only repair, but will even adjust your frames if you come in.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:22 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Yes we have it costed us 89 for the visit and 150 for the glasses. We have been back since. We love our vision center and never had any problems. I can go back whenever i need anything. All walmarts are different you have to. Find out for yourself.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I bought glasses from Walmart 3 years ago. The exam cost me $99 and the glasses cost me $300 about because I got the "frameless" style... now I have vision insurance and the exam along with changing the lenses (not buying new frame) still cost me $250 (but that wasn't from Walmart) because the vision only pays part of the exam and 20% off the lenses... -.-
    Tig023

Answer by Tig023 at 11:11 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I was checking this out the other day, just getting prices. I picked out the frames I liked, they were about 60. I asked for an approx. total cost including the eye exam. It would be between 200-300. The 300 was for bi-focals and the kind that change in the sun. I'm still saving up!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Yes for DH Not me! I haven't had new Glasses or contacts in going on 7 Years! I can't Afford to! But by the time All was Done it was close to $400.00 for him with Exam! He looked for what was Cheap & not that Ugly!! When my DD went there.. Poorer then Poor. They asked if she'd like A Free Trial pair of contacts. She Said, Yes. But then her Eye Exam Went Up!! Her glasses Break Alot, they will straighten them! But Not A Fond of what I see others go through or paid!!! Its Sad to not be Able to afford to see & get By..
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:59 AM on Jul. 7, 2009