• In the Spotlight:

Did anyone buy their childs crib for under $200?

im trying to find a good crib and mattress combined for under$200. thats my budget any recommendations?

bluerose26

Asked by bluerose26 at 9:20 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can find them at second-hand stores/consignment shops sometimes. I seen a few, but a family member gave me one for free, and it was the expensive crib form Babies-R-us that turns in to a toddler bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I bought a really expensive crib for my son and now I wish I hadn't. We bought a convertible crib at Wal-Mart to keep at my parent's house as they live in Florida, and we're in NY. It's a nice crib and it was under $150 I believe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• we got ours free it was my husbands lol
    id look at the salvation army and stuff like that
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:24 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I did... but just under. Mine is solid cherry wood. I got mine on clearance at JCPenny's. Its very nice... original price was almost 450. I would try there... good luck :) Oh and if they have it where you are...try Burlington Coat Factory's Baby Depot... they have a lot of stuff... and they send you coupons... like 20% off one item.
    ncarter24

Answer by ncarter24 at 9:25 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I got the crib from Babies R us for $100.00 and never had any problems DD slept on it until she turned 2, and the mattress was like 60 or 70 bucks I don't remember but it definetely was less than $200.00, good luck.
    cholita1978

Answer by cholita1978 at 9:27 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• We had twins, so I had no choice but to try to keep the cost down. Our cribs came from Wal-Mart, I think they were around 100.00 a piece, and the mattresses I think were around 50.00 a piece. So yes, you can keep it under 200.00 And, BTW we had absolutely no problems with our Wal-Mart crib, granted it wasn't the nicest on the block, but it worked just fine. They were the light maple color, and were just simple, but nice. My SIL spent thousands on her baby's crib, and mine did the same thing hers did..... GL!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Burlington coat factory has some decent deals on cribs. That is were we got my second daughters at. It is a crib, toddler bed, then a day bed. The cost was 170 dollars.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:30 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I got a convertible sleigh type crib at Walmart for about $150. It's nice. We're using it as a toddler bed right now. You can also check consignment shops too. If you find one online at walmart or some of the others, you can also do ship to store. I just happend to find mine in store after looking online and it saying not in stores.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I got mine at walmart. I spent just over 300 for the crib mattress and changing table. And its a nice one also.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:03 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I bought a white crib for my daughter at K-Mart on sale for $99. I think the matching armoire was $169. I love it. It is actually really nice & cute and no one has ever guessed that it came from
    K-Mart. It has held up great & I have not had any problems.
    paiges6

Answer by paiges6 at 10:07 AM on Jul. 7, 2009