Branson Restaurants and Recommendations?

We're going to Branson on Vacation in a few weeks. We already have Silver Dollar City tickets, Dixie Stampede, Branson Belle, and we're staying at a Water Park/Resort. We have two girls (almost 4 yr old and almost 2 yr old) and I'm expecting.

We're CONSIDERING a visit to the Butterfly Palace, Dinosaur Museum, OR Riding the Ducks.. input on any of those?

Anyway, my husband and I have both been to Branson a lot (used to have SDC passes), but not with the kids (about 4 years). In the past, we typically ate at chains/brought picnics/ SDC food. This time, we were given food money (as a gift) so we'll be eating out.

What are the BEST restaurants for a family? Any "You Can't Miss This" Restaurants you strongly endorse? Any to avoid?

So - what do you recommend?

iluvcallalilies

Asked by iluvcallalilies at 9:28 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Travel

• -Avoid breakfast buffets especially at Peppercorn's and I believe the other one is Penelope's.
    -The Magnificent Seven Variety Show at the White House Theater is great for kids
    -There is a Build A Bear Workshop down at Branson Landing which is always great for kids and there's a similar store called Ride Makerz for the boys (meaning any car crazed husbands).
    -If you are going to take the kids on the Ducks I would recommend taking them on the new Branson Landing tour of Lake Taneycomo. It's much shorter than the original tour so the little ones don't lose interest as quickly.
    -For free entertainment check out the Fish Hatchery just off Table Rock Dam. It's free entry and our kids always love checking out and feeding the growing trout. You can usually catch a few fly fisherman just outside of the hatchery. It's always neat to watch.
    -When you are at the butterfly palace check out the mirror maze. The most fun you can have.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 9:48 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• If you are up to about a 30 minute drive, you ought to try out Lambert's restaurant (heading up toward Springfield). It is absolutely to die for - best meal my family has ever had at a restaurant. It specializes in homemade Southern food. They have fantastic chicken fried steaks, fried potatoes, etc. They also have daily selections that they walk around and dish out of large bowls in addition to your order. They have great choices on the kids' menus and it's very family-friendly. My kids love it because the wait staff literally throw the yeast rolls to you at your table. Loads of fun!!! Just make sure you are there a little before they open. They literally bring in busloads of people to eat here...
    nathansmom0400

Answer by nathansmom0400 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• It sounds like you have some good stuff planned. I would say try Montana Mike's. Its a steak house with very reasonable prices and a friendly atmosphere. Also, go to Famous Dave's. Its a BBQ place at Branson Landing. It is also a very reasonably priced place and is very family friendly. I hope that you have a great time.
    Oh, at Dixie Stampede you will have a meal...just for your information...they don't give you silverware...you eat with your hands. The kids will love it!!!
    momto3angels205

Answer by momto3angels205 at 12:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I second the recommendation for Lamberts!!!!!!
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Branson Bell is great but not sure your 2yr old would enjoy it, Dixie Stampede has alot of action so that would keep her attention... Lamberts is a must...
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 8:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Funny... I hate Lamberts (been there about 12 times too many). Thanx for all the other great ideas. Anyone else?
    iluvcallalilies

Answer by iluvcallalilies at 8:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2009