What spelling mistakes do you find yourself making repeatedly?

Those "e"s and "i"s always trip me up...at least twice a day I have to recite in my head, "i before e except after c"....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That one for me, too. And even though I know how to use they're, their, and there, I have to keep correcting them in what I write. And when I type I keep typing hte instead of the- the right hand working faster than the left.

Answer by Bmat at 9:37 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I sometimes find myself misplacing "Your and You're" and "Its and It's". My English teacher would be so ashamed :(
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:41 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• The I and E thing as well as words such as definitely or anything else ending in LY. I want to make it harder to spell than it really is, forgetting that I just need to spell the word and add LY. SO many times, I spelled it definately or definetely. UGH. I get so mad at myself. I am a word nerd and a spelling nut.....LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:44 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I just can't seem to spell restaurant and always have to use the spell check! Ha ha just now, I just right clicked on the word and it gave me the right spelling. I always seem to spell it resturant.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:45 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I always spell 'independent' as 'independant'- I also speak french so I am spelling the english word the french way. I also used to get in trouble in school for not capitalizing the names of the months and things like that- again, something that is not done in french. And I'm sure on this forum where most people are from the US it looks like I'm mispelling words like 'colour' and 'labour' but in Canada where I live we do include the 'u' in those words like they do in Great Britain.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:47 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• The is it two SS or one type words..Or is it a C or a S.. Is it EI or IE.

Answer by louise2 at 9:47 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• There are certain words I almost misspell all the time. I was just going to say I can't think of any off the top of my head, then I tried to spell misspell! I had to think about it. When I really can't think of the correct spelling I start to type it into my google toolbar and it drops suggestions. I like that feature! I take pride in my spelling, it's one thing I was always good at!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Embarrassed (or is it embarassed?) to say I cannot remember if there is or isn't an E in argument (arguement?) or judgement (judgment?)... and I always add the second T in committment, although I know it shouldn't be there.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:50 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• eh, i have my moments lol. I don't have certain words that i ALWAYS mis-spell i just look up the spellings as i go... lol.. BUT MY BIGGEST spelling pet peeve is when people spell "DOES" wrong... for some reason a lot of people put "DOSE" i don't get it??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• "Definitely" is definitely the hardest word to spell.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 10:59 AM on Jul. 7, 2009