Anyone used Equate brand HPT? Help needed...

I bought a three pack at Walmart. One was a dud- the control line only partially appeared in the window so I just threw that one out and disregarded- although there was a very, very faint positive line in the test window. I took the other two, the control window was fine this time, with the same very faint positive. I can't tell if it's positive or an evaporation line- how do you tell? The + lines appeared within the 10 minute reading time frame. Not sure how to read this thing... I almost thing my eyes are playing tricks on me. Thanks for the help.

dawpea

Asked by dawpea at 9:39 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• even if its faint its still positive. go get a clear blue easy one, and take that. i loved those, it simply says pregnant or not pregnant in the window.
    ArmyWife9-2-08

Answer by ArmyWife9-2-08 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• positive!! congrats mama! same thing for me few weeks ago, 3 faint lines and i called my dr cuz i still didn't believe it.
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 10:55 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Positive.! Congrats! Of course if you're still concerned it's not working right, get a clear blue like another mom said.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:38 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I only ever use Equate. :-) A positive is a positive is a positive no matter how faint, unless it shows up after the 10 minute window, which you said didn't happen. So I'd say you're pregnant. BUT because I'm a little paranoid that way, I'd go get another test in five or six days just to confirm - you should get a stronger positive result then. The brand probably won't matter much by then, you should have enough hormones flowing to show up on any test. Congrats!
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 11:53 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• BTW, the first time I saw a faint positive on a test - after two miscarriages and over two years of trying - it was so faint and I was so sure my eyes were playing tricks on me that I had to get my husband to look at it and tell me if he saw the same thing I was seeing. It was the nurse in the fertility specialists office who told me to wait another couple days and test again and the second time the test turned positive in about 3 seconds.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 11:56 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I took Equate tests with my third pregnancy and it popped fast even though my period wasn't due for 7 days.

There is a super easy way to tell if it's an evaporation line or a faint positive. The faint positive will be colored. And evaporation line will be a gray ghost line.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2009