Im always single?? WTF

I always have guys behind me trying to get with me but they never want anything serious! Im good looking and young but I have such bad luck with guys. I dont know if its my attitude or what, but I can never keep a guy! WHY??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• You are just not meeting the right kind of guy. Perhaps it is where you are meeting them? Have you tried volunteer work?- you can meet men with similar interests there. Speaking of interests, think about what your conversation is- do you listen when he talks and respond to what is important to him? do you just talk about yourself? Meeting someone who is interested in the same subjects that you are will help- does he like politics? motorcycles? sports? make sure you study up on the subjects that interest the current guy so that you can respond intelligently. Don't come across as desperate. Maybe take yoga so that you can present a more relaxed attitude. Smile, relax, know yourself, find someone with similar interests and values.

Answer by Bmat at 9:53 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• If you are young and good looking and don't show them you are more than just that, they might think you just want to have fun, not a relationship. Where are you meeting them? If in clubs then that might say a lot to them about what you are looking for. If you are meeting them at business seminars or class, it shows you are serious about learning or getting ahead and are more than a pretty face. Visit museums and libraries and see who is there. I've meet some great men there who want more than a good time. I think campuses are the best place to find men who are smart and actually looking for a future in both education and personal life.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:58 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I have felt that way my whole life. It always seemed like I was good enough to "hook up" with but never good enough for the serious realtionship. I always wondered what was wrong with me, because it seemed like everyone around me always had a boyfriend and I never did. I just realized that one day the right one was going to come along and I shouldn't worry about it. I know thats easier said than done, because I'm now going through a divorce, but I still believe the right one is out there. Just remember, you are better than a hook up and you deserve more than that. Don't degrade yourself or let these losers use you. It took me a long time to look at things this way but it is going to be worth it, trust me! Hang in there!
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 10:03 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• It's all about what kind of guy you're dating. Are you just looking in the outside too or are you looking deeper? Where are you meeting them? Are you asking if they just want a fling or are they looking for something more serious?
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:08 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• When the student is ready, the teacher arrives.

Perhaps you are not prepared to do what it takes to live with someone else that close to you? Living with other people close up is gritty and annoying, not the least because it makes you confront parts of yourself that are unflattering and uncomfortable, which is not really a very fun experience, however rewarding it may be.

I see that people get exactly what it is they want most. Sure, sometimes there are conflicts, like when you believe that you're lonely (which feels remarkably similiar to feeling misunderstood by a partner) and think that if you had someone close you'd stop feeling that way --which is a nice story, but isn't real, imo.

If you really were willing to have a close relationship, you'd make a lot of choices that create that reality.

You're not, so I believe that you have other priorities. Can that be okay with you?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:55 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Could be a number of reasons. Are you high maintenance, are you easy, do you talk about your ex...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Well if you have sex before you are in a relationship that could be why.... I did and a lot of guys think that the only reason to have a relationship is to have sex, not all guys but a lot.... so all i have to say is make him wait a while show him that there is more to you!!! how fun you are, try doing nice things invite him over and cook him dinner and then just watch a movie on the couch... just be fun!
    Anonymous