Army Wives- why does Denise's hubby want divorce, not marital counseling?

I didn't really start watching Army Wives until season 3.

Does anyone know why Denise's husband won't consider reconciling (spelling?) with her, instead of just divorcing her? Is there some sort of history between the two of them that made him not want to give their relationship a second chance?

Fallaya

Asked by Fallaya at 9:50 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Entertainment

• It wasn't just that she cheated on him. That was just the last straw. Before they, she had already said she wanted to separate. He loved her very much, and really never gave her a reason to not love him back. He was never mean to her, always provided for her, and treated her with respect. She threw his love away, and then disgraced him with infidelity. (I'm an avid watcher of the show, and loved Denise until she did all this.)
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 10:10 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Don't know the show, but I can probably answer the question (although not necessarily the way the writers will)...

People have a line in the sand.

For some people, the line moves depending on their mood or current sobriety or state of insecurity, but for others, the line never moves. One step across the line (or, a step at the wrong moment) and it's 'all over.' There is no way to step back, there is no way to have not stepped across.

People are often shockingly petty-minded when it comes to The Line. It can be about something as mild and inoffensive as chewing gum, putting a used tissue on a table or folding a book backwards over its spine. People who have put up with physical abuse, infidelity and the chaotic behaviour of drug addicts have divorced, irreconcilably, over the way someone blows their nose, or the noise they make breathing while eating.

People are weird, there are no exceptions.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:57 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• She cheated on him. Once that he knows for sure, and another time she was so close to sleeping with a guy. Also, she changed a lot and Frank couldnt deal with being gone in country and coming home to someone different than his wife. They went to counseling but it didnt work for them. But something will happen next week and I'm betting they reconcile at the baptism thing.
    ArmyWife9-2-08

Answer by ArmyWife9-2-08 at 10:02 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Oh I totally agree with you. lol I love the show. Its my guilty pleasure. But they had both just changed. I think he was a little mean when she started working. But it was also very different and he had just gotten home and all the other stuff.

She wanted to seperate after what had happened with motorcycle dr guy.
    ArmyWife9-2-08

Answer by ArmyWife9-2-08 at 10:27 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• their going to get back together
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 2:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• She crossed the line and had sex with a patient at the hospital she was a nurse at. I highly doubt they are getting back together, this is the second time she did something like this. The first time it was with a doctor at the hospital that died in a motorcycle accident before they could go further than kissing. Also, the last episode I saw, something happened to Frank when he was in Irag.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I remember seeing commerical for season 2, ones with Denise riding on a motorcycle and her husband not happy with it.

So it seems that she has a problem with faithful while her husband is away? Yeah, I'd divorce her too. She clearly can't be trusted.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I meant to say that she has problems with faithfulness.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2009