How many of you thought of leaving CafeMom?

I find this place so entertaining & friendly on one hand. Then also so time consuming, annoying, catty, disheartening, ... It's a love/hate thing I've got going on with CM. I keep thinking of quitting the place, cause I sure can't control how much I'm on here. lol.

Anyone else the same?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in About CafeMom

• same here...lol but the hate should stop. we are here for advice and friends and one doesnt like what one says or the question they ask then they should respond. that would make it easier on everyones feelings. you know? but i do to like.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I have had a twinge from time to time. All the negative posts- and I don't mean the answers, I mean every day someone posts a Question complaining about the negativitiy here and the negative answers. These posts tear CafeMom down, in my opinion. The fact that people keep posting this stuff in the Answers section - cutting down the members at CafeMom by complaining about the negative posts that they've noticed. This discourages me. I'd rather see posts in Answer section praising CafeMom members and not saying things such as "Why is everyone so mean here?"- this bothers me, because the vast majority here aren't mean, they are wonderful and caring. But some find it necessary to cause drama by posting negative questions about the rest of us.

Answer by Bmat at 9:58 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Not I.

Answer by louise2 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Not me I love it here! I steer clear of drama and all the negative! Life is to short to be pissed off and hurt by peoples words on here Im here to stay
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I was on when my daughter was a baby and left about a year ago because I was spending too much time and couldn't seem to control it. I created a new account and came back when I got pregnant again 2 months ago and once again I'm on way to much so I might have to leave again, although I would really like to be able to talk to people who are pregnant at the same time. Sigh... I think I have a computer addiction since I really can't control how much time I waste here. But if it's not here it's some other site and I don't have an option of getting rid of the computer, or the internet because my husband needs it. I've tried leaving it off, but I can't make it a whole day, it's like I need to email someone or check something so it comes back on again. I don't care about the drama, it's only the amount of time I'm wasting that concerns me.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:39 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Me! I try to stay away from the negativity too, but sometimes I can't help it. I hate it the worst when someone else draws out the worst in Me. I also get down and out because I've never seen such ignorance and crude people in such bulk before. When I joined I really expected it to be a mature postive site about things like going green, the best stroller for running, preparing your toddler for preschool... that kind of thing. I didn't envision hardcore sex talk and drama-fests and ganging up on people.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I never have a problem with mean people...I just steer clear of the drama!
    Anonymous

• i found as long as i dont go on the politics and current events section.i am fine.those woman are evil...
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Yeah me too. I did leave for several months at one point because I had a very rude expierence at the Dr. office when a man told me I needed to keep my legs closed because my kids were on medicaid and I needed to vent about it so I did in a journal post and this other mom dogged me because my kids were on medicaid. It was like it happened again. So I got fed up and left. But now I'm back and dh hates it.....lol.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Hah! Not a chance! When CM went down from Sandy, I thought I'd have withdrawls! lol :p I too avoid the drama as much as possible. There are more positives about this site than the few negatives who seem to be in a constant funk & want to drag others down with them. I'm staying put. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2013