So, are you guys happy for me???

I woke up this morning and realized I'm FINALLY getting over him!!! I have found myself interested in someone else, and I just realized that I deserved better than what I was getting and breaking up wasn't such a bad thing after all!!!! Wow this feels SOOOO good, I was so sick and tired of waking up sad and crying all the time. I feel like I have the chance to start fresh and new. Anyone else ever felt this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm still with my husband but I had n awakening of sorts that gave me more insight into our relationship. I now know finally what his personality is and I've made decisions from that. It feels sooooo gooooooood for me to not wonder how can this be anymore. Now I know I understand and life goes on and I feel a lot better even though I'm not overboard happy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Very happy for you :)

Just make sure you are not getting it confused with "rebound" I wish you well...

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:12 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Congratulations and hugs! Good for you!

Answer by Bmat at 10:13 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Contrats. Yes I'm happy for you and will be even happier when you wake up one day and you are happy with just being you and not have to replace one man with another. Happiness comes from within. I'm not bashing. I'm just saying there is still room to grow and enjoy being happy all by yourself. For now, do what is necessary to get over the bad guy but always remember you provide your own true happiness. Others just make it special.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:24 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I totally get what you are saying! I didn't want to replace him, I just wanted to be over him. I don't have anyone new in my life, the guy I'm sort of interested in, I've only spoken too a handful of times in passing (we go to church together), but I'm not looking for anything with him right now, it's just nice to know I can be interested in someone else. I'm so glad I didn't replace him, I really wanted to get over him on my own and I feel like thats whats happening! I know my next relationship can start clean, whenever that happens!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Once, about 10 years ago, I broke up with my boyfriend of 3 years, and it felt SO good. Our relationship had been over for a long time, but I finally got the guts to actually break up with him.

A couple of weeks later, I was involved with another guy and it felt so good.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Perhaps you haven't gotten over anyone else, but are in the process of getting over the idea that you need anyone else to feel or do anything in order for you to feel whole. There is no greater freedom than recognizing that one is whole and human, alone or with other people.

Some days I could just shoot romance writers. No one 'completes' anyone else. We live in a story about who we are with and without others, and create a great deal of strife and misery over it. When we stop and think about it, we come to realize that we are who we are, and other people just populate our world. We accept them, or not, based on who we think WE are and how they reflect that -- not who they are.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:47 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Congrats! Glad to hear things are going better for you!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:00 AM on Jul. 7, 2009