what time does your 4 year old go to bed?

My daughter is not quite 4 yet, few more weeks, and she goes to "summer daycare" 3 days a week... on the days that she doesn't have to go to school the next day she'll stay up til like 1030-11ish and on school nights she goes to sleep at 930-10... she does get an hour and a half nap everyday too... is she going to sleep too late?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm sure plenty of Moms will say that it is way to late for a 4 yo to stay up.... but my four year old is on pretty much the same bed time schedule as your is.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:30 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My almost 3yr old & almost 4yr old go to bed at 8:30.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My kids are home with me but by 9:30 the latest they are in bed. Except my 11 week old he eats at 10-1030 and then is in his crib for the night. Do what works for you. If you think she needs to go to bed earlier than try it and see if it works. If everyone is happy leave it only.
    suebee3

Answer by suebee3 at 10:36 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• OP HERE! lol...
    i'm glad someones child is on the same schedule.. she doesnt seem too tired in the day either
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My boys are 3 and 5, and they are put to bed between 8 and 9 every night. They usually don't fall asleep until closer to 10. But they are not in school ( we home-school ) I just like having some quiet time at night before I head off to bed.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:17 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i'm glad someones child is on the same schedule.. she doesnt seem too tired in the day either

If its working for you, then I wouldn't worry with changing it. Our schedule works for us too. I have a friend that puts all her kids to bed at 7:30 EVERY night, school or no school. She thinks I am irresponsible for letting my kids stay up.... I don't really care what she thinks though, cause my kids are thriving just fine and what works for her doesn't work for us.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:42 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Mine go to bed at 8 or 8:30 the latest during the week. He's 2 & she's almost 4. But we get them up @ 6AM for daycare/preschool. On the weekends I usually let them stay up till 10 or so. WE watch movies together & stuff like that.
    jfblaine

Answer by jfblaine at 12:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• That all depends on what time she is getting up in the morning. My 4 year old is in bed around 10 pm and wakes about 8 am and my 2 year old is in bed around 9 pm and awake about 8 am. My 4 year old has not been napping during the day since he was about 3 years old.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• my 4 1/2 year old goes to bed between 7-8, she doesn't nap though so she is plenty tired by then. most nights at least.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I have 2 kids. My son (4.5 years old) goes to bed @ 8:30 when I have school the next day, the other nights I try for 9:00. My daughter (20 months old) goes to bed by 7:30, but she requires 12 hours of sleep. If she goes to bed @ 10 she sleeps til 10 the next morning! and that throws off the whole day! Both of my kids also take daily naps, usually 2-3 hrs long.
    Although it's my personal opinion that kids should be in bed by 9, some kids don't seem to require as much sleep.
    I think it's up to the parent to determine the best bedtime for their child!
    kristinpb

Answer by kristinpb at 3:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2009