Free Healthcare for Illegals?

We have been hearing about the plans for Healthcare reform but we have not heard anything about what they will do with the illegals. I'm sure they hope to sneak coverage in for them so they don't mention it.
On one hand and rightly so, most do not want to pay for illegals healthcare. We don't like it now (one reason costs are so high)and we don't want it in a new program. On the other hand if they are not covered, the law states that they must be seen at the hospital(whether or not they intend to pay) anyway.
What with the looming fact that one way or another if you do not have insurance you will have to pay.(current amount being floated is $750 yr.) Do you think illegals should be able to continue getting free healthcare when we have to pay if we don't want to carry it?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• We already do pay for them. Illegals get free health care no matter what. While Americans who really need it get told to basically fuck off, cuz they make to much. Now how is that right!?!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:33 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Ido not feel that they should

get anything

FREE!!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:34 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Its really scarry to wait and see what Obama is gonna do with the illegals. I have heard that he will open borders and they will have more rights that us US cits. AND I heard that he is gonna make healthcare mandatory kind of like car insurance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Oh and no! I dont.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:35 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Healthcare is likely dead in the water.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:38 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• leave it to someone to bring Obama into this. One Obama has tighten borador control and is working on building a wall. Although I don't know how much good that will do. Second he is not trying to make health care mandatory. where he makes you have it. He is trying to make it were everybody has it. yes, you pay a tax on it. Everyone will, but EVERYONE will get health care. That is how it should be.

Its really scarry to wait and see what Obama is gonna do with the illegals. I have heard that he will open borders and they will have more rights that us US cits. AND I heard that he is gonna make healthcare mandatory kind of like car insurance.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:38 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I don't think the illegals should get anything else off my dime other than a one way bus ticket back home.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 10:38 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• That's a good question. Of course nothing will change from the way it is currently. Like you said those that don't have coverage will just go to the ER like they do now. Idk what to think really. To them it doesn't really matter because they receive care regardless and then never pay the bill. And before people get all over me about saying that you can first do my job and try to track down all those that owe money. The majority of the people who don't pay anything at all on their bills are illegals, the rest who don't pay are drug addicts.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Second he is not trying to make health care mandatory. where he makes you have it

actually yes they are. if you don't have it then you are fined.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:41 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• This is all just unbridled speculation. Please cool your jets a little bit. Illegal immigrants are entitled to emergency care and prenatal care. So are all Americans. It's sort of along the lines of we don't just let people die if they don't have any money.

Would you prefer to just let someone die on the side of the road because they are illegal? I am sure you would... never mind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Jul. 7, 2009