Who HATES their Mirena IUD and why?

I posted a question about who loved their Mirena and I got a couple of women who liked it and a couple who hated it. I'm wondering if I'll get more responses if I ask who HATES their Mirena. I'm starting to get the feeling that Mirena is really terrible but it's being pushed on women as being this awesome form of birth control. I want to try to find out for myself before I have mine put in.

laadeedah

Asked by laadeedah at 10:34 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Health

• When I had my Mirena I didn't like it. It made my periods irregular then after a few months they stopped. And I would have really bad cramping. I had terrible mood swings. I was miserable. I've had mine out since April. I had it for 11 months. My cycle still isn't completely right. It's like more than 35 days between my periods. But I feel so much better without it. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. I think I'd rather be pregnant then have it again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I had one about 3 yrs ago..Yes, I hated it. Before the Mirena I never had cramps. After Mirena I had "terrible" cramps. I lasted...not quite a year. I gave it a shot and went in when the cramps got persistent on a daily basis. I couldn't stand it anymore. I got the Mirena for PMS. It was noted by my doctor that it would stop my menses which was where my PMS was coming from. I had terrible PMS. It didn't help but it made me miserable because I was always in pain.

I would NOT reccommend it to anyone!
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I will never use an IUD because I have ethical objections. I believe life begins at conception, and IUDs prevent fertilized eggs from implanting.
    3are_a_blessing

Answer by 3are_a_blessing at 11:12 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I tried to get one a few months ago and couldn't because my insurance wouldn't pay for it, I thought this would be the best birth control for me and one of my neighbors says she is wearing one and she is very happy about it... so I guess it depends on your body, but you'll never know until you try it but don't waste your money on it if you are not 100% sure it will work for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• everyone is different, i had a mirena and i loved it, the first three months werent fun because i was on my period a lot for the first threee months but after that my periods were more regular than before and i didnt have any cramps or anything, and my periods were lighter and didnt last as long as they did before which was nice...i had a good experience.
    i wonder if the results vary from person to person so much due to how healthy they are or how their bodies usually respond to new things. like i am healthy, and at a healthy weight, never had huge complications with my periods or anything like that, never had a bad reaction to meds or anything else new that was givin to me, not allergic to anything...etc...???? dont know if this has anything to do with the outcomes but i am wondering??
    lilysmommy23

Answer by lilysmommy23 at 11:38 AM on Jul. 7, 2009