CAP and TRADE bill...

So what do you think of this? This is included in this bill. Anyone who is in the poverty level- making 10,ooo-22,050 will recieve money from anyone that makes more than that which will go right into their bank account.

I don't know about what you think, but I think anyone that makes less than 50,000 is in poverty these days!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I still want to know how this is forgiven as not taxing those that make under $250,000 / year? Anyone know? I mean, you have to buy goods and have electricity. It is technically a tax.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:43 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• hmmm although we make below that. I do not think that is true or right. One I don't have a bank account. two something like that is just wrong. I would be pist if I would my ass off for someone who makes less them me to get my hard earned money. what you say I believe is false information.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Its apart of the cap and trade bill which COULD pass on the 8th. Go look it up... its just part of Obama's socializing scheme.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Probably wont pass.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:50 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I am hoping it won't pass. It's true, We must help out these poor souls and since the government has no money, we so called "rich" Americans have to do it. It didn't pass Senate last year and we must make sure it doesn't pass now. Call or email your Senators now!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• OP, can you show the part of the bill that says that? I don't support Cap & Trade, but I haven't seen anything like that in it.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:56 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I'm afraid it is NOT false information.
    Here is a link to an article about various aspects of the bill:
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/07/capandtrade_means_regulate_and.html
    Unfortunately, the gov't display of this bill does not have the pages numbered, so you can't find the info in this article by the page numbers the author gives.

And here is a link to the House of Representatives for the text of the bill as it was passed:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c111:3:./temp/~c111BXWxX5:e1442618:

Here's the little slice under discussion here:

TITLE XXII - ENERGY REFUND PROGRAM
    ..." ... `(b) Entitlement of Eligible Households to Cash Payments- At the request of the State agency of a State, each eligible low-income household in the State shall be entitled to receive monthly cash payments under this section in an amount equal to the monthly energy refund amount determined under subsection (d)." ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• WHOA !! This is being voted on TOMORROW !??

Hell, I'd better get busy.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2009