What can I do to help?

My 6 month old is starting to fight nap time and bed time. Is there anything I can do to help? We have a routine for bed time but nap time we usually do a bottle then I put him down when he is drowsy and still awake but he has learned to roll over so he flips over and then crys cuz he does not like to lay on his back and won't roll back over either. Bed time we give bath then bottle and I could put him down but the same thing happens at bed time as nap time. Anything to help him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 6 month old daughter did that until she learned how to flip herself back onto her tummy. She absolutely refuses to go to sleep on her back unless she wants to. What I would do is every time he flips over and starts to cry, go in and turn him back over, cover him up, and walk away. Do this over and over til he goes to sleep. I had to do this with my daughter for a few nights. Be sure to give him plenty of floor time til he can turn over both ways. Or you could just re-train him to sleep on his back. My little girl will only sleep on her back for as long as you are holding her, lol.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:38 AM on Jul. 7, 2009