Do you think my daughter is showing too much cleavage?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39431475@N06/3621367489/

I think so but my daughter saying this is perfectly normal. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• If you think so compared to what other girls are showing or for your own comfort then tell her to button up. My 16 yo wants to show her boobs all out. She chooses to not go out often. She just needs to be covered to the top of her cleavage not her neckline and she refuses. So she doesn't go out dressed like she wants to be. I'm the mom my rules.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I dont think so she is beautiful though!
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 10:53 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• how old is she??
    that seems fine, she is in a dress ..
    xohcannizzo

Answer by xohcannizzo at 10:53 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• In my opinion I think that is way too much cleavage. She should understand that when she goes out like that it's not just boys her age that are looking. It's perverts too. And unfortunately it's becoming more acceptable for girls to dress like that. But that doesn't mean that she should. If I seen a girl out dressed like that I'd think she was looking for some "attention". So I'd try to get her to stop dressing like that. It's very inappropriate. She too young to dress like that. My daughter would never leave our house in something showing cleavage. Her dad would have a fit. And so would I.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I DON'T THINK THIS IS TOO MUCH, IT IS MODERATE, SHE DOES NOT LOOK TRASHY OR SLUTTY. BE THANKFUL THAT HER DRESS CLEAVAGE IS NOT DOWN TO HER NAVEL!

Answer by older at 11:03 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Having watched and learned... I'd say the whole conversation is an ineffective direction.

Does she attract attention of a variety that she feels equipped to handle? That is an important question... and it may not only be attention from creepy men. Boys younger and older, and a lot of females will respond in a variety of ways to cleavage --being able to talk about the issue with mom will empower her to make choices for her own body.

Being young and fertile is a joyous experience that is only available to the young and fertile, and I believe there should be no imposed limits on their enjoyment of that. There are, however, public distortions, perversions and implications that are very, very real in a not very nice world. I don't think rubbing anyone's face in them is worthwhile, but feeling creeped by just one onlooker is often lesson enough -- when rebelling against mom's 'dumb' rules isn't first on the agenda.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:07 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Why are you asking me? You are her mom. Tell her to change if you think what she has on is inappropriate.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:09 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• The appropiate way to show your cleavage would be one inch and no more. At any age that is...

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Showing cleavage is one thing...but pushing them up and out is another..

If your daughter is 14, 15 , 16 even 17 from that picture I would say yes.....
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:18 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• It looks fine to me. As long as she can move around without them falling out than I wouldn't worry about it. I've seen MUUUUUCCCHHH MUCH worse. Looks like a normal dress that many high schoolers would wear to a dance...at least where I'm from.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:45 AM on Jul. 7, 2009